Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ZMod Revival?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ZMod Revival?

Hey everyone. I know ZMod is pretty much the ass-end of any IBIS jokes you guys have but are there any plans to revive this shithole? I miss playing with my autists.

Sincerely,
    Your Resident Retard, Zambi

Things are still in the works, there is a plan for a revival but atm just no time.

3. Default

Yea, I had spent an insane amount of time getting the server to work with bots so that it would be easier to seed the server but unfortunately that did little to nothing. Our main issue seems to be that we need to be able to get people into the server to build up a mass of players.

4. Default

Also I want to say that maybe we should try a completely different approach to bring the ZM server back. One thing I always thought would be interesting would be to bring WCS style elements to ZM so that you could sort of level your humans and zombies and have some sorts of abilities. Things like adding human classes for example to offer something that no other server has.

That would be interesting. what skill sets do you have in mind?

6. Default

That might be too much going on. We should possibly think of a ze/zm night. mass old regulars, beating ze maps like old times. get like zero, scribbs, anex, steamer, me, and whole bunch of old regulars. Might need some kind of incentive. top player who lead humans to victory will get like free admin for 1 month (I'll pay for them or something), 2nd player who leads will get 1 month free res.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    That might be too much going on. We should possibly think of a ze/zm night. mass old regulars, beating ze maps like old times. get like zero, scribbs, anex, steamer, me, and whole bunch of old regulars. Might need some kind of incentive. top player who lead humans to victory will get like free admin for 1 month (I'll pay for them or something), 2nd player who leads will get 1 month free res.
    Yea, that could be interesting!

8. Default

I have a group that are constantly talking about wanting to play on Ibis like the old days, we are stuck with PF stupid infinite ammo server and a couple other sad ones. If you were able to get rid of the bots that no one likes and put a couple of regulars in charge - UA or some step in between - they could police the server a lot better. We need to probably also have tiered admin, too many idiots coming in and banning people, slapping themselves all over the place, changing the map to something shitty that they want and kill the server, etc. Don't get me wrong, some of the autism is what makes people want to play on the server, but players like Strongfield and Papi really did a lot of damage. I think we should also remove a lot of the permanent bans, the player base is too small to be picky of all the players, I think we should keep them on an unable to purchase admin list, but letting them come in should be allowed. We need to look through logs of old players and reinvite them back. Tell them they can have donater status for a month or something. Incentives is going to be a big part to move players off of the other Zmod servers.

9. Default

Im up for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    I started a vote ban on my self to see how many people hated me they all voted yes and the server banned me.

10. Default

That might be too much going on. We should possibly think of a ze/zm night. mass old regulars, beating ze maps like old times. get like zero, scribbs, anex, steamer, me, and whole bunch of old regulars.
    You just want people to help carry you in maps again