Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wish Me luck Jail ;;

1. Default Wish Me luck Jail ;;

Well I will see what the New York Attorney General will do, I owe college 10,193.21 couldn't get out a loan so I have been paying it back in 100 dollar increments as I don't have enough money to pay it in full. Got a letter that they are requiring my tuition in full, otherwise they shall pursue legal recourse. Lets hope they can put me on a payment plan haha

Pretty sure as long as your making payments they can't do anything.

3. Default

Also that is civil law not criminal law. We have not had debtor prisons for a long time.

Also a violation of international law see Article 11: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...rity_of_person
    Last edited by ZERO; 08-22-2017 at 07:54 PM.

4. Default

yeah, they shouldn't be able to do anything to you if you're making payments.

stay stronk!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Oh thats awesome! So what do you think they shall do? I have been making 1-200 dollar payments each month to pay off my debt to the college because I couldn't get a loan, they wanted me to pay them 500 a month >.> I don't have that kind of money haha.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    Oh thats awesome! So what do you think they shall do? I have been making 1-200 dollar payments each month to pay off my debt to the college because I couldn't get a loan, they wanted me to pay them 500 a month >.> I don't have that kind of money haha.
    They can try to take you to court but they do not have collateral other than holding your diploma/credits until you pay off the debt. It would be hard for them to get a judgment if you are making payments, really the worst they can do is destroy your credit score. (although it is not really "they" that destroys the score but "you" for being unable to pay)

7. Default

Have you tried calling them? Deferment? Or even a payment plan? I had a student loan I honestly forgot about (sub $1k loan) and they called me asking if I was ever planning to pay. I told them them I can do $50 bucks a month and they agreed. Usually if you make the effort to call and tell them, "Hey, I am a poor guy, I can pay X amount of dollars a month." they usually agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

Any new updates on this?

9. Default

They set me up to pay 200 a month until its all paid off

10. Default

200 even cover the interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?