Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The past

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default The past

Quote Eth
    This will be my first and last rant. I really don't give a shit about what people think at this point. But before I say anything, I'd like to thank ZERO for letting me play on his servers for the past year. I have enjoyed it a lot, until recently.

Before I started playing on the IBIS ZM server, I played on the GG server for about three months back when QuitYerBitchen was still an admin. I left the GG server due to the tension between me and him and moved onto the ZM server. The ZM server was, and still is, the best ZM server out there.

It's been almost a year since then and it's gotten a lot worse. I have a bone to pick with all these new admins. They absolutely do not know how to do their jobs. All they care about are themselves and their friends. What about the other players on the server? They couldn't give a rats ass about them. I could watch a player walk directly up to my barricade and blast it down. I would say something in all-chat about it a few times and what happens? Nothing. This is no-biggie, but when it happens multiple times a day every week? It starts to piss me off.

What about all this mic spamming? I'm especially pointing a finger to Korean who literally does not know how to stop talking. People, you don't need to laugh into your mic every fucking second. What do the admins do? Sometimes they mute and sometimes they join the motherfuckers in mic spamming. Way to go admins. In the same category is vote spamming. Why are they setting up these ridiculous votes in the middle of the round? It's almost like they're still in grade school dumping their retarded jokes on everyone else who doesn't give a shit. But why do they do that? It's because they're admins and they can.

These new admins are better off standing in a corner with their thumbs up their ass versus moderating the ZM server. There's only two admins/players on the server that I respected: Pooter and Assassin. Pooter is great simply for his dedication. The old IBIS admin Assassin (what happened to him anyways?) was another great admin. Unlike the current admins, Assassin wasn't afraid to enforce the rules. These days if someone did something stupid, all they would get is a slap on the wrist, maybe a freeze or burn, nothing more. From what I remember with Assassin, he would simply ban the motherfuckers on the spot. I remember playing on ATIX and he banned three people in ten seconds for being stupid. What's the equivalent with todays admins? Verbal warning and nothing more. Everyone is too big of a pansy to take action and set examples. The result is mass amounts of idiots zteleing from zombies, breaking barricades, and overall being stupid. They do it because they know the consequences will not be severe.

Sometimes there would be up to ten admins on the server at once and all of them just as useless. The last few months I've left the server for the night pissed off because of all the stupidity going on. Couple days ago when Defender600 broke my barricade continuously for three rounds and admins did nothing, it was the last straw. I knew I couldn't play here anymore.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

''My response"

I fucking agree all the fucking way. All i see now these days is random retarded ppl and ruin a perfect cade spot. Like today i was on zm_policeprison_fixed someone ruined that perfectly good spot with the room on the wall i was gonna cradle but the ppl just randomly shot everywhere knocking down the vending machines (i felt to lazy to set back) but i did. Also the rooms near the armoury were in utter destruction.Like the room with the breakable little wall space.
    Or on zm_420_beach_strike some noob ruined the blue room. Also next on that map someone messed up one of the basement spots.
    On zm_concrete_final someone blocked a ladder. On escape map raccoon
    facility everyone blocked the stairs and shit.

I see clearly why i almost stopped playing on the ibis zm server. I hope eth comes back . Well i hope it gets better.

2. Default

If Eth hates the way the admins are doing their jobs, then do something about it. Buy admin or something if you are so worried.

Honestly that is probably the biggest amount of bitching I've ever seen in ZM. And guess what? It doesn't do shit. So what if you claim to see admins doing a horrible job. Any demos? Any chat logs showing your pleas unanswered? Anything that could show Zero who should be banned/demodded/etc?

Inthebutt, Holy, and James are great admins on ZM. They know where to draw the line and what the fuck they are doing. Perhaps you don't know who they are?

And mastercheff: people are going to fuck things up if they don't know what they are doing. That's the price you pay for having a public server.

I get this problem a lot. A lot of people say "can you ban so and so they broke my cade" My response: I am sorry but I didn't see it happen so I can not do anything about it. I then auto observe them for the next 2 rounds and they do nothing wrong so I can't ban them. People need to learn how to record demo's. I am sorry but that is the best advice I can give you. BTW I used to play everyday but For 5 weeks I have been in school so I can only assume this is going to get worse with Inthebutt not being there anymore, as well as holy.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

4. Default

If admins who do their job are really needed, I could purchase admin for a couple months until inthebutt gets back.

It's not terribly expensive and it may help to not have a couple admins have to be on all the time.

5. Default

yeah christmas but at least it gives ppl a chance to learn from their mistakes but ppl do fuck up to many times i swear i could name tons of them but eth was wrong on some admins

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    yeah christmas but at least it gives ppl a chance to learn from their mistakes but ppl do fuck up to many times i swear i could name tons of them but eth was wrong on some admins
    Like I said, it helps to discuss the problems here but if you don't do anything in game to help the server and keep the bad and malicious out (record demos and such), how much are you really helping?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    If Eth hates the way the admins are doing their jobs, then do something about it. Buy admin or something if you are so worried.

Honestly that is probably the biggest amount of bitching I've ever seen in ZM. And guess what? It doesn't do shit. So what if you claim to see admins doing a horrible job. Any demos? Any chat logs showing your pleas unanswered? Anything that could show Zero who should be banned/demodded/etc?

Inthebutt, Holy, and James are great admins on ZM. They know where to draw the line and what the fuck they are doing. Perhaps you don't know who they are?

And mastercheff: people are going to fuck things up if they don't know what they are doing. That's the price you pay for having a public server.
    Christmas, eth has been on this server forever, he/she only minded their business and I do agree, the admins on here are quite lax. I don't care if they are my friends, but they suck at being an admin, period.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Christmas, eth has been on this server forever, he/she only minded their business and I do agree, the admins on here are quite lax. I don't care if they are my friends, but they suck at being an admin, period.
    Once again, I think that's crap. I mentioned three admins who do their shit right. Can Eth come here and disagree with the ethics of the admins I mentioned?

9. Default

Yes i agree with Christmas that some admins do there job right like autumn james and mastagunzs they do what there supposed to but i don't know about getcha and cat

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Yes i agree with Christmas that some admins do there job right like autumn james and mastagunzs they do what there supposed to but i don't know about getcha and cat
    getcha and cat......*blood pressure rising*