Thread: Tiggerz Abuse

1. Default Tiggerz Abuse

Admin's INGAME name:SexyTiggerzzz(ibis.a)
    You're INGAME name:The Fox ibis.a
    Server:gg
    Map:gg_simpsons_dessert
    Date & Time:12-14-17 20:18

How did he/she abuse (See TOS):She banned a regular for a "similar" name, the name was in no way similar, it matched a word but was still very distinct not only in font but in its entirety

57800 boozy changed name
    58500 tigger warns
    59500 warns again
    61000 boozy adds no sound to name
    64000 banned
    She never once gave a written warning, only verbal and proceeded to ban him. He had no sound, after he suspected she began to talk to him he added no sound to the name to let her know he couldn't hear her, she proceeded to ban him.
    The problem is both that as per rules she is supposed to give both a written as well as verbal warning because many people disable voices, and that his name was by no means an impersonation, if it was something like SexyTiggoozy I could understand, but the name was still very distinct. It is like "The Fox" and "Shadow Fox" names can be similar as long as they are distinct.
    I was notified of the abuse by multiple players who were in the server and told them I would look into it and make a thread.

those were the names, she said he was impersonating.
    Sexyʙᴏᴏᴢʏ ⚓ nosound
    SexyTiggerzzz(ibis.a)
    Dessertmap.dem

2. Default

I will look into this tomorrow at work, as this new computer doesn't have css. I want to view the demo in full context, and not just the changing name and banning part.

Any future bans on this player for this specific name, ULA's, unban each time you see it. Sexyboozy no sound is not similar to sexytiggerszzz.

3. Default

Before more comment I will mention I wasn't in the server at the time, boozy, as well as hippo contacted me saying she abused admin during the match which is why I got the demo and posted, she joined halfway through, but because of the fact I wasn't there I can't say for certain whether she warned in admin chat or not, that is something clan will have to check, because if she warned in admin chat it changes the context dramatically.

Tiggie joins around tick 33k sits in spec till 37k then joins ct
    57000 - Boozy changes his name to Sexyboozy ¹
    58500 Tiggie over the mic - you might want to change your name right now boozy
    boozy in chat - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    59500 Tiggie over the mic - I'm not joking boozy. There is a rule on this server that you can't have your name to look like someone else's and he did that to look like mine and he knows it
    61100 Boozy changes his name to Sexyboozy ¹ no sound
    61600 Tiggie over mic - You don't want to change it, then how about you take a time out
    63100 Boozy changes name to Sexyboozy ¹ nosound
    64700 boozy is banned

The rule you mentioned can be found here

XI. Names
    1) No player shall use a name made to look like another players
    2) No admin shall ever use unnamed or unconnected

Assuming he did have sound on the entire time and Tiggie used admin chat for a written warning, he was not impersonating anyone and didn't do anything that was against the rules. As mentioned here that although one person may have a similar name to another they are not identical and there was no intention of him impersonating anyone. Your ban was unjustified and is considered abuse. As this was a minor occurrence and was easily rectified I recommend the admin just be warned.

As for the rule, could the wording be changed to "No player shall use a name made to look like another players name or impersonate another player"

Also, did anyone notice the rejoiner during the demo?

5. Default

After reviewing the demo, abuse confirmed.

Although we do have a rule that states "no player shall use a name made to look like another players" this is not the case.
    Names that would fall into this category would be the following, but not limited to

SexyTiggerzzz, SexyTiggerζζζ, SexyTiggerZzZ, SexyTiggerZZζ etc. SexyBoozy does not come close to this.

Admin will be educated on this rule, and will be issued a first verbal warning for admin abuse as this is first reported abuse.