Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bad map thursday schecule

1. Default

Still have to check that mod out. How is it? And what, don't you like to mess around Kavinsky? My skill still goes up even if its Thursday.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

well its getting released today so once its up on the main page ill let you know in about 3 days, and when I come onto a bad map, if its not getting switched to a good one and theres a bunch of annoying players on I go play tf2 go watch vids or work on my forum project.

3. Default

yea kavinsky hope to play it soon

4. Default

I declare Good Friday the day of which we play all good maps.

This tradition shall start immediately. *Evil laugh*

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

Neotokyo is fun, but it does have a few weird quirks, like the sit around in spawn for about 3 seconds after selecting your main weapon till' the "go! go! go!" message pops up.

The fact that you have to advance in rank every time the server changes to a new map to access the weaponry you finally got your hands on just as the last map ended is a pain in the ass, you never really get to use your favorite gun till the end of the match.

You can't see enemies through a smoke bomb even with heat sensing goggles on, essentally making any area covered in smoke an instant you die, kill zone if you fire your weapon trying to hit the guy who threw it, meaning the only way to combat that is to circle around and kill them from behind which most of the time isn't an option and when it is there waiting for you tucked away in an unseeable corner.

and for that matter they don't show up unless there moving with the heat sensing goggles on, I guess that heat absorbing materals there working on now have really come through in the future.

and on top of that you can't fire your weapon while sprinting and the assault class can't sprint, has no gadgets like heat sensing or motion detecting goggles but it is the hardest to kill.

the only problems that really bug me are the no shooting while sprinting and the fact that cloaked, camping people dont show up in the heat sensing goggles, so the only way to detect them is to take off the gogles and look for the distortion of there cloaking device or sudden movements and those fucking pussy smoke grenades.

but on a whole it does feel like a completely different game, and not some half assed hl2 mod, so I guess it is a success
    and its not constantly being ruined by the developers like synergy.

It has a hell of a lot more people on it at all times of the day then synergy: Maybe 15 if your lucky now, since that last update with Synergy. Metokyo seems to have a minmal of 500 people playing it at all times of day.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 07-14-2009 at 06:38 AM.

6. Default

Maybe I shouldn't download it then. I'll just stick to Mabinogi for now.

7. Default

I agree with that, give it a few months or so for them to work out all the quirks that the comunity is complaining about, I know for a fact that alot of people are complaining about the ranking system, so that should be delt with soon I imagine.

atleast it didn't have any stupid problems like that spawn bug that goldeneye source had on its launch day with the beta 3 release, now that was downright ignus and I am amazed no one noticed that in play testing.

people would constantly spawn in the same spot on top of you, killing you instantly and if the server was big enough this could go on for a minute and a half sometimes, it was fixed with the 3.1 patch but by that time all of the new players had left it.

8. Default

i found mabinogi as an ok game but when you go through those moon teleporters its annoying having to wait a couple of "days" waiting for it to teleport you where you want unless you had a item that teleports you where you want also what i found nice is how players can be nice and revive you when you're dead but in all its an ok game

9. Default

You talking about the Mana Tunnels? You just have to wait until 6 am. They stay open until 6 pm. The only part I don't like about it is that you have to pay monthly fees to keep your bank open. I can understand taking away Nao Support, and not being allowed to use all the items they have to offer, but damn, I didn't know half my bank would close. I lost about 200k worth the stuff.

I wonder what happened with Perfect Dark Source.. Thought that would be awesome, but no one is ever on it.