Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Computer Issues

  1. #1

    Default Computer Issues

    So my new computer that i built still will not turn on whatsoever, wont even showcase anything on the screen, now this is making me mad since it cost me around 1000$ to buy all the shit to build it. And all the computer shops want to charge me $150 to look at each individual piece. Any help would be appreciated

    ASRock z270 4LGA 1151 6GB 3.1 ATX
    Intel Core i5-7500
    850W Power Supply
    2 4GB DDR4
    GIGABYTE GTX 1050Ti

  2. Default

    the computer won't post? there's a light next to the pci-e slot on the bottom of the board opposite of the cpu slow. Whats the code that shows up there?
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

    I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

  3. Default

    If it's doing absolutely nothing, you may want to recheck the front panel cables connection and orientation on the motherboard. I've had my power plugged in one pin off before and cause a bunch of anger.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    the computer won't post? there's a light next to the pci-e slot on the bottom of the board opposite of the cpu slow. Whats the code that shows up there?
    Other than the lights that the mobo is supposed to have i dont see any additional lights anywhere, i was able to swap out Mobos because i thought there was a combatability problem so i went 1 step older, on the newer mobo i used to have it posted a CPU light which in the book said cannot find CPU or CPU not there, ive warrantied out the CPU once because of this and got a new one sent to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by firstblood View Post
    If it's doing absolutely nothing, you may want to recheck the front panel cables connection and orientation on the motherboard. I've had my power plugged in one pin off before and cause a bunch of anger.
    Im no computer wizz, but as far as i can tell all the power and all the wires are plugged in properly

  5. Default

    There an LED screen that will give you a status code as to what step it’s on during post and or boot up and that’ll tell you whats wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

    I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

  6. Default

    You need to verify the following in order:
    -Verify power, see that the PSU does work by connecting it to another computer or a PSU tester.
    -Verify power to the motherboard before power up. A status LED or some other indicator should activate showing power is flowing to the Motherboard.
    -Connect only the CPU RAM and GPU to the motherboard and attempt to boot. The more stuff you got the harder to debug. Your goal is to just get the thing to post you can connect hard drives etc later. (this should be ideally done on a bench all you need is the box the motherboard came in)
    -Once you get it to post on a box try again once mounted inside your case. If you can not get it to post the cause is a short resulting from case installation.

    If you can not get it to post on a cardboard box then the motherboard should be producing an error code. Reference the manual to determine how to find and read the error code, once you have the error code you can proceed.

    Also if you have not be sure to clear the CMOS by removing the battery.



  7. Default

    Do you have a system speaker installed?
    The board is getting power; are all the RAM sticks seated properly?
    Attached Images

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You need to verify the following in order:
    -Verify power, see that the PSU does work by connecting it to another computer or a PSU tester.
    -Verify power to the motherboard before power up. A status LED or some other indicator should activate showing power is flowing to the Motherboard.
    -Connect only the CPU RAM and GPU to the motherboard and attempt to boot. The more stuff you got the harder to debug. Your goal is to just get the thing to post you can connect hard drives etc later. (this should be ideally done on a bench all you need is the box the motherboard came in)
    -Once you get it to post on a box try again once mounted inside your case. If you can not get it to post the cause is a short resulting from case installation.

    If you can not get it to post on a cardboard box then the motherboard should be producing an error code. Reference the manual to determine how to find and read the error code, once you have the error code you can proceed.

    Also if you have not be sure to clear the CMOS by removing the battery.

    Done, Done Done no error codes whatsoever, i found a little shop that only charged me 40$ and they cant even find out why it wont post, so guess im on hold for 60 minutes while i wait for newegg to warranty out my shit because its gotta either be the mobo or the CPU so im gonna make them warranty out both

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •