Thread: Mech Keyboard, good wired mouse, and headset GO!

1. Default Mech Keyboard, good wired mouse, and headset GO!

I literally shot my Logitech G930 headset at the range today. Kept shutting off and on while watching shows, now I am in the market for a new keyboard, mouse, and headset. Give me your recommendations!
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

2. Default

WASD tenkeyless for the board, steel series sensei for the mouse, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro or Oppo PM3s with a decent DAC for the headphones.

For the keyboard, it really depends if you prefer form over function. WASD makes some of the best mech boards on the market and has a huge variety of custom key caps. If you want some fancy backlights, the Ducky Shine 3 is pretty cool.

Headphones depends on if you want open or closed back, but I definitely recommend the two I mentioned with even a cheap DAC. Both of those are closed back, which has better noise isolation.

The mouse is a simple, but rugged and proven mouse. Can't go wrong with the sensei.

3. Default

I don't typically do headsets because I'm not trying to be mlg, and I have my own home, but I do have a cheaper version of the ones you decided to murder dead.
    I like my corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse and corsair strafe keyboard.
    But then again I did get hella discounts because I bought them at the right time from amazon. Near $110 all in IIRC.
    What I was looking for when I bought my keyboard was what scribble posted, had no idea that the WASD company existed.

Scribble's suggestions all around are fantastic and will probably be the best value over time as they will hold together very nicely. I've had to RMA my M65 once because of a LMB switch defect.

4. Default

MLG pro is what I am after, joking. I need decent headsets for when I play and when I watch shows as my apartment echoes too well. I am going to start pricing things out. I don't want to drop a ton of cash, but I do understand the notion of "what you pay is what you get".
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

5. Default

G502 for the mouse.

The Beyerdynamic DT990 is where is is at, most go for the closed DT880 because it is cheaper and I have listened to them and was so happy I spent the extra money for the semi open 990s. Everyone that owned 880s who then listened to my 990s said they would be saving up and trading in for the 990s.

These are the best you are going to be able to get without spending an insane amount of money. I used them for a few years with a simple little dot mk1 amp and just used a soundblaster card as the dac until I saved up and got a DAC amp from Audio-gd.

You could likely find some cheep stuff from Schiit as far as dac/amp goes I hear the Schiit stack is supposed to be good but I have never heard it personally.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by swagbot 9k View Post
    I literally shot my Logitech G930 headset at the range today. Kept shutting off and on while watching shows, now I am in the market for a new keyboard, mouse, and headset. Give me your recommendations!
    corsair k70 (aroudn 70 bucks on sale)
    logitech chaos spectrum mouse (u can get it for 99 bucks on sale)
    Hyper X cloud 2 (no contest. hands down best headset for the buck out there.)

you're welcome... faggot.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...