Thread: Player not showing up after submitting ban using name/steamid/ip

1. Default Player not showing up after submitting ban using name/steamid/ip

I tried to kick Mo for repeated team attacking through console.
    First I got the error that their were to many clients with those 2 letters. This is no surprise.
    I then tried to kick him after changing his name (admin plugin renamed him oM) and this also said to many clients.
    I then repeated the command using his steam id and then again with his IP and recieved the same results.

After all this nonsense I tried to initiate a one minute ban through sourcebans using the same process and kept getting the message "user no longer exists" while he was in game. Shortly after I submitted another ban using his community id I got 4 model error messages in console and my game immediatly froze, freezing my entire computer with it.

SourceBans: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans....php?p=banlist

Demo: (having trouble uploading)

2. Default

Can't you just type in /kick in chat and then select the player to kick?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    Can't you just type in /kick in chat and then select the player to kick?
    Thats the first thing I tried. Since so many people have "M" and "O" in their names SB can't differentiate different players.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFailz88 View Post
    Thats the first thing I tried. Since so many people have "M" and "O" in their names SB can't differentiate different players.
    No, like if you just type in /kick and hit enter, doesn't it give you a list of all the players?

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: I haven't admined in years

5. Default

If you type !admin in chat it’ll bring up he admin menu, from there you can select player commands/kick/select player

For ban it’s the same concept
    !admin in chat player commands/ban/player/time/reason(if hacking it will ask to specify)

6. Default

OMG ShitBirds

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rawrr View Post
    If you type !admin in chat it’ll bring up he admin menu, from there you can select player commands/kick/select player

For ban it’s the same concept
    !admin in chat player commands/ban/player/time/reason(if hacking it will ask to specify)
    Yes even doing it this way it would say there are to many clients with the same name. When I would try to use steamid or ip address instead of player name it would say "player no longer exists" or "player disconnected" as he was still in server. When I went to sourcebans and tried to do it that way I would get the same error. I believe he was using something like https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/fps...ence-more.html to get around sourcebans but I'm not sure. I will look into it some more.

8. Default

That's really strange then. That's never happened to me before