View Poll Results: Should we have knife only rounds with no option of weapons?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Knife Round Vote with plugin to automatically disable weapons

1. Default Knife Round Vote with plugin to automatically disable weapons

So I see frequent votes on the server when the majority of players are regulars for a knife only round.
    99% of the time the Yes vote wins with over 80% voting yes.
    Then when the "knife round" starts some players, who may not know its a knife round, or who may not want to knife, come in and start wrecking everyone that is trying to knife with guns.
    I spoke to RAWR about this a bit, and about a plugin that disables all weapons for 1 round automatically.
    She brought up a few very good points about it being unfair to players who joined a GG server to play gungame and don't want to lose levels/aren't interested in a knife round and how it could cause players to leave the server.
    I understand knife round isn't for all, but I feel if it isn't abused (only 1 knife round per a certain amount of maps) it wouldn't be a problem.
    I am interested to see how other admin feel about this, as it was one of the highlights of that shittier tier gungame server everyone used to play on.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFailz88 View Post
    majority of players are regulars
    And I'm assuming that these players have been reprimanded or even banned for trying to enforce the knife-only rule on the server already.
    I'll further venture to guess that they also harass the ever-loving shit out of players who don't want to do knife-only. Just my experience with certain regulars.

These players know that the rule is unenforceable, and that if you enforce it, you're putting your admin status on the line, yet they still ask you to enforce it-- They're not your friends.
    see here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-voteban-abuse

This gets brought up every once in a while, general consensus is that we'd add a plugin, but it would only be usable by ULA or clan.
    Point those regulars towards this https://www.gameservers.com/game_ser...ike-server.php
    If they think knife-only would be so popular it's worth ibis putting in the time and effort implementing that plugin and then testing it.. maybe it's worth them opening their own knife-only server? They could make millions!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by firstblood View Post
    And I'm assuming that these players have been reprimanded or even banned for trying to enforce the knife-only rule on the server already.
    I'll further venture to guess that they also harass the ever-loving shit out of players who don't want to do knife-only. Just my experience with certain regulars.

These players know that the rule is unenforceable, and that if you enforce it, you're putting your admin status on the line, yet they still ask you to enforce it-- They're not your friends.
    see here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-voteban-abuse

This gets brought up every once in a while, general consensus is that we'd add a plugin, but it would only be usable by ULA or clan.
    Point those regulars towards this https://www.gameservers.com/game_ser...ike-server.php
    If they think knife-only would be so popular it's worth ibis putting in the time and effort implementing that plugin and then testing it.. maybe it's worth them opening their own knife-only server? They could make millions!
    I haven't ever seen anyone try to voteban or votekick players not participating in the knife round. Of course there's a lot of angry mic spam when someone knifing gets shot but I had no idea that there was an actual problem with people trying to enforce knife rounds or anything. I didn't know there was already a discussion on it and was mainly just asking if it would be fun to implement the plug-in. But I agree with you and I'm going to close this thread.

Edit: jk I can't close the thread

4. Default

It happens, just the votebans don't succeed when admins are in the server. People do attempt votekick/voteban for this, really surprising you haven't seen it.
    It's just easier to pass along the info that this is a gungame server, and no normal player or normal admin would likely ever have the authority to enforce it without repercussion. And that attempting to do so should be seen as a no-no.
    It's been brought up quite a bit, and suggested that a plugin may be implemented, but the fervor surrounding the prospect died within a week, which to me shows its true support.

People in the moment say "Yeah! Let's do that!" and in the moment, they have fun doing that. Until one person doesn't join the horde and they feel betrayed.
    "One of us." They cry! "Get the outsider!" screams another. QQs and salt flies all around, votebans and kicks start. This angers the gods, and they respond in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Anyone using this voteban shit on someone because they don't want to use knife only will be dealt with by ULAs or clan.
    -Book of Pwnings: SCRIBBLE 13:37
    Last edited by firstblood; 05-15-2018 at 04:37 AM.

5. Default

A way to fix this is to remove Wootday from the server

6. Default

They wont remove wootday. Even though it lasts forever and kills the server

7. Default

Ah come on wootday is amazing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ah come on wootday is amazing!!
    you take that wootday commie junk over to your knife only server!

9. Default

Personally, when I'm doing knife-only, I find it easier and more fun when the majority of players are shooting. It causes more grief and you don't lose many levels yourself

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    Personally, when I'm doing knife-only, I find it easier and more fun when the majority of players are shooting. It causes more grief and you don't lose many levels yourself
    lol where's the upvote, this is true it's a lot more fun taking levels from people shooting then it is trying to take levels from other people who are using knives
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL