Thread: Request for admins to punish a player/players

1. Angry Request for admins to punish a player/players

Greetings,

please consider banning schu, and at least warn/ban Solninja and peregrin took. Schu for being a very obnoxious entitled elitist, who baited a rookie to com from the start of the game and then proceeded to take every opportunity to berate his comming skills, and the others for jumping on schu's elitist hostile bandwagon. Schu, as I told him as well, is clearly narcissistic and malevolent, but cleverly skirted around not being just toxic, but toxic in a way not to raise straight red flags. Words in his repertoire during the match included faggot, idiot, retard, and he made sure to berate the com for his slowness about 20 times among other things, just to make him feel very bad but just tidily enough not to get kicked. Solninja and peregrin took tailed him, taking the same elitist attitude and all three generally being extremely obnoxious and annoying whiners who wanted to cause the com as much distress as possible and put him down at every turn. These kind of players are 100% not healthy to the small community of NS2 and instead cause the problem of newbies leaving the game. I have interacted with narcissistic persons in my life and schu is definitely a narcissist who doesn't probably even see his flaws and tries his best to keep a cool trolly attitude, even though his anger flashed at times through his facade.

He was told several times that this is a noob friendly server and a part of the reason this game has such a small playerbase are entitled elitists acting hostile and high-and-mighty towards newer players. It was evident from his demeanor and replies that he all he actually wanted was to get a rouse out of everyone and feel good about himself by bashing others. The signs of a mentally disturbed narcissist.

As an extra burden for me, today was the first day me and my gf played NS2 and I was showing her the game and newbie-friendly servers, and this did surely not give a good impression of either. I wish you will rectify this and ban atleast schu.

Attached you find a part of the match I managed to save with my Shadowplay, unfortunately not containing all of his hostile behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87iYmJe9NCY

Thanks,
    -Stimraug

2. Default

We'll look into this. Thank you for the heads up.

Someone will update you here regarding whatever action we take.

3. Default

Well?

4. Default

Problem was that without having a record of you typing status in console to get the player ID/steam id we have no way to identify the exact player.

In CS:S this is something that is recorded automatically and tied to server side demos so that it is very easy for us to ID the persons account and then take action. However, in NS2 due to the lack of server side demos we are reliant on the players to provide not only video but also the console output showing the steam account that the offending player was using.

It just really sucks

5. Default

What is the command to do this then? I was hoping the in-game name would help..

6. Default

status, sh_status

You need to press ~ first to open the console then sh_status should give you a print out that has all the names of the players and their account IDs. Players can change their name anytime but their account id can not be changed. It is also this ID that we need to ban them, etc.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    status, sh_status

You need to press ~ first to open the console then sh_status should give you a print out that has all the names of the players and their account IDs. Players can change their name anytime but their account id can not be changed. It is also this ID that we need to ban them, etc.
    jesus, how long have I been away from game for sb_Status to change to sh_status ? o.O
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

well sb_status has not been a thing for a while (when sourcebans shut down) and this is for NS2 not cs:s