Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rules change to nade level?

1. Lightbulb Rules change to nade level?

Hi folks.
    I notice this server has among the most restrictive/difficult rules for the grenade level. The result is that most rounds turn into "nade game" more than "gun game". That is, it doesn't matter who gets through all the guns first, a bunch of people end up on knife/nade and whoever happens to get the nade kill first wins. As such, I wondered if you would consider a rules change to make the final level(s) go more quickly.

Some ideas:
    Option 1: Two grenades per spawn, then get 1 more for each kill
    Option 2: Spawn with glock and grenade
    Option 3: Sticky nades

2. Default

It's supposed to be hard

3. Default

You do get another nade if you kill someone and do not already have a nade.

I suppose it would be possible to give you a second one even if you already have one. This would allow you to have two nades at one time on the nade level but only if you killed someone while on the nade level during a round.

4. Default

Single nade has been a token aspect of our server since the inception of the server and what makes it challenging and fun.

I don't want to see this changed, and I feel the majority of the regulars would feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Discombobulator View Post
    Hi folks.
    I notice this server has among the most restrictive/difficult rules for the grenade level. The result is that most rounds turn into "nade game" more than "gun game". That is, it doesn't matter who gets through all the guns first, a bunch of people end up on knife/nade and whoever happens to get the nade kill first wins. As such, I wondered if you would consider a rules change to make the final level(s) go more quickly.

Some ideas:
    Option 1: Two grenades per spawn, then get 1 more for each kill
    Option 2: Spawn with glock and grenade
    Option 3: Sticky nades
    As what was said previously nade is supposed to be hard. Your first option isn't so bad, as I've seen other servers with it. However, IBIS isn't like other servers, we have players that prefer the difficulty and would rather work on their skill than be given an easy win. Option 2, I like but only if they have 12 bullets, so that it still requires a bit of skill to get the kill. Rather than having someone emptying clip after clip and not even trying to get the nade kill. Option 3 has already been discussed and isn't going to happen.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Single nade has been a token aspect of our server since the inception of the server and what makes it challenging and fun.

I don't want to see this changed, and I feel the majority of the regulars would feel the same.

This please.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

Also, if nade was easier, more hackers would win

Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    Also, if nade was easier, more hackers would win
    Hacker ^

9. Default

I've seen some servers have a rotating auto selected nade feature. Maybe that can be considered, where 75% its no special but then a random sticky nade or something else can be thrown in. Could be a fun change.

10. Default

Easier nades make sense on servers that finish on knife level after getting a nade kill. It prevents the game from going on forever when the leaders get knifed back to nade. It's less important when a nade kill immediately ends the game.