Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ibis gungame dead?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    should also give the option to kick bots
    the !kbots command

- - - Updated - - -

so if 4 people are in and they all type !kbots they can just play 2 v 2
    Well when a person joins shouldnt they automatically replace a bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

2. Default

Bots are fine and all, but they don't make a server. I think a good start was making the map rotation smaller, and more desirable; we should chase that. Also, CS:S is such an old game that it's based on community. I have not played in the server in the past few years without knowing, at least, half of the people in the server (gun game, that is). I'm not saying that's excellent for growth, I'm just saying...it got complacent.

We are kind of at a cross roads. We could let IBIS live on in it's memory and live on as the legend it was...or, we can fight and make IBIS great again (yeah, i said it). So, the question really is, who here, still wants to fight? Who, is still interested in logging in and playing on a server with maybe 5 people until, eventually, it does fill and we create the new regulars? I am!..but it takes more than one to tango.

NS2 seems to be where Zero's heart lies. I don't know shit about that community or whether it's thriving. It isn't what I know IBIS to be and I don't see it doing IBIS any favors. Am I wrong?

I just hate to see IBIS fail the way it has. I have been in, and out. My foot has been in the door and out of the door, but I can tell you this..it does suck that I don't get to play IBIS gun game any more, because, we just let our community die. There has been a fail in leadership, and a fail in the underlings, to make sure this community lives on. I know that Zero recently released the rights to the Clan members to try and salvage what little bit we may have to offer, when it comes to counterstrike...but that, to me, isn't the answer, either.

Let's go back to basics. Let's go back to playing a fun ass game with fun ass people..who we all know and love...and the rest *should* follow. If not, then yeah, maybe that shit is really dead..but how do we know? How do we know if we are all just "viewing server info" and seeing 4 bots, and considering that not an option, and moving on?

Let's TRY to get this shit going again. Don't talk about it...be about it.

That said..I'm on vacation this weekend, but ..at the very least, maybe anyone who is interested can start *TRYING* to round up a group of players for the weekends?

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

3. Default

Im game. For the next 6 weeks or so I’ll be pretty active. After that ill be on mainly the weekends. I don’t remember who i got all on steam as friends but shoot me a msg to play or pm me and ill give ya the digits. I work nights so staying up isn’t an issue lol. MAKE SOURCE GREAT AGAIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

4. Default

Last edited by rawrr; 04-12-2019 at 05:22 PM. Reason: GAYBOI

5. Default

I love it when someone who hates the community and its servers has to whip out his itty bitty e-peen on the forums

6. Default

I mean at the end of the day this all happened when we changed Ip's regulars weren't caring about finding new IP address

- - - Updated - - -

We probably should have had like a month of admins in game blasting the new ip address and telling everyone to add it to favorites so more people would pay attention (not sure how much we told them we had a new IP in game in terms of chat and over mic) But as far as I know I had no idea until I came to forums

7. Default

yeah there wasnt really any in game advertising that i saw

8. Default

so basically IP change killed ibis lol

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post

so if 4 people are in and they all type !kbots they can just play 2 v 2
    This should be the 1 and only thing to be concerned about.
    agree.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

10. Default

Yep sounds good, server is still dead though and map rotation is absolutely terrible