Thread: Website Updates

1. Default Website Updates

Finished some updates to the web server. You should see the ban list "works" now. Yea I am not sure why it shows up expanded but at least you can see it now.

Also the forums have been updated with better spam bot protection. Those bots have been spamming like crazy.

Unfortunately some of the back end updates have broken support for psychostats so the web view of those is really buggy and in some cases broken. The original creator died many years ago and so it will take me some time to update the old code to try to fix the bugs. The good news is at least it throws errors so I can actually try to fix it.

If you run into any other bugs let me know.

Also yes I have also seen that the post icons have been deleted with the update as well and I will work on getting those fixed too.

2. Default

I also think the best long term fix for the stats is to have it only list the top X number of players and the rest you can search for rather than generate so many pages with all those links. All those pages get spammed by bots all the time and create a lot of load on the webserver.

3. Default

woohoo!

4. Default

One change I have made as well is to make it so the member list / profiles can only be viewed by registered users. A lot of the spambots have simply placed links in their profiles and are spamming that way. This will nullify that and once the crawlers see the change all their spam will die.

https://i.imgur.com/n5QQHUr.png

is this at all related? (Link to Psychostats page for WCS). Just out of the loop for a few years and last I used the page was a couple weeks ago.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/n5QQHUr.png

is this at all related? (Link to Psychostats page for WCS). Just out of the loop for a few years and last I used the page was a couple weeks ago.
    Yes psychostats unfortunately is was programed by a person who is gone and has not been updated in like 10 years. So now it is no longer compatible with newer versions of PHP. I can still record stats so the database is still there. What is broken is the web interface.