Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why so scout?

1. Default

on roof top run away i sometimes try to snipe with a scout on the fence i even though i could use a krieg or a aug i choose a scout thats because mai scout is awesome with that lazer skin

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    Scouts are fun. Besides, most escape maps where the scout really helps you get ahead (Jurassic is a good example), nearly everyone dies anyway, so you're not negatively affecting your team anyway. The only map where it helps you get ahead and hurts your team that I can think of right now is moria, but we lose that 99% of the time anyway (the exception being fail zombies that manage to not get themselves killed).
    We lose in moria BECAUSE half the people use the scout, there are a bunch of speed zombies, or people forget to defend the stairs.

If scouts and speeds are restricted then the humans win a lot more. Last time I played the humans won well over half the rounds.

3. Default

hm i agree no scouts for escape and no fast zombies and scouts for moria

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Holy, I never see you use a scout. The only people I see who uses a scout successfullly is FISH and this new coming admin named Scout.
    shove it up your ass hobo !!! <3

I will be on this week i would like to get 2-3 scout kills a night.

5. Default

lol i has a uber awp skin it makes me wanna get it so badly but mai scout has a lazer so i'll use the scout not to be a whore but to kill some shit

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    We lose in moria BECAUSE half the people use the scout, there are a bunch of speed zombies, or people forget to defend the stairs.

If scouts and speeds are restricted then the humans win a lot more. Last time I played the humans won well over half the rounds.
    We lose Moria because of fasts, I don't think I've ever been in a round where humans lost because of anything but a fast, if the first wasn't a fast, then one of the first tagged was a fast.

Speeds are almost never restricted, so we almost always loose.

I've played when scouts were restricted, but fasts weren't, we still lost. They do make a difference, but not to the point where we would win or lose based on their use.

Generally, the two fail points at the map on the way to the protection circle, and the falling stairs. The failure during circle run from the tomb is caused by fasts (and the occasional fail nade)

The failure on the stairs is caused by a general lack of skill. You don't need a lot of people to defend them, but generally the people who are good at defending them either aren't paying attention or made the jump. So unless you want to make a rule that people aren't allowed to jump the gap, you won't have any more luck on the stairs by restricting scouts.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

7. Default

We lose Moria because of fasts, I don't think I've ever been in a round where humans lost because of anything but a fast, if the first wasn't a fast, then one of the first tagged was a fast.

I've played when scouts were restricted, but fasts weren't, we still lost. They do make a difference, but not to the point where we would win or lose based on their use.

Generally, the two fail points at the map on the way to the protection circle, and the falling stairs. The failure during circle run from the tomb is caused by fasts (and the occasional fail nade)

The failure on the stairs is caused by a general lack of skill. You don't need a lot of people to defend them, but generally the people who are good at defending them either aren't paying attention or made the jump. So unless you want to make a rule that people aren't allowed to jump the gap, you won't have any more luck on the stairs by restricting scouts.
    I've tagged people loads of times on the stairs because they are either not paying attention or they want to all try and jump off the stairs to the lower level. And I was a predator every time.

I've also seen it where there have been one or two people trying to protect the stairs (no speed zombies) and the entire team has gotten tagged because of it.

Priority is Speeds, then scouts. And I'm not talking about JUST the scouters on the stairs. You misunderstand.

8. Default

i've seen holy kill a zombie with a scout he is not lieing he's that badass

9. Default

Hobo used to restrict them until Mallissin or someone complained and came to the forums about restricting speeds.

I have to admit, it made things a big more interesting, but then everyone just became predator, so you couldn't even see the epic horde of zombies running at you.

WHICH! Further proves that one of the predator classes should be changed into another zombie class with similar speed.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    i've seen holy kill a zombie with a scout he is not lieing he's that badass
    Killing a zombie with a scout isn't that hard, It might not be that effective at knocking back zombies, but it's fine for killing them if you can manage to get headshots, I solo'd a classic in the pillar area of Moria with a scout and a grenade.

Christmas, I said stair failure was from lack of skill, not fasts, fast is actually one of the least useful classes at that point in the map. My point was that getting rid of scouts wouldn't help prevent that failure point.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."