Thread: Rpg -> wcs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow Rpg -> wcs

After looking over the balancing issues with the RPG server we believe that the only real solution is to switch to a WCS server. This will allow users to select classes and then upgrade those. This will make the game very different and thus fun.

So what do you all think? We are getting ready to make the switch tomorrow.

2. Default

Yes.

Much less linear, and it will provide different strategies.

I know of a very good warcraft server that I could send your way if you would like some original ideas.

3. Default

That works also. As long as its some RPG mod that doesn't involve one having a complete set powers. I'll be ready to try to play it and give my two cents on it.

And if it doesn't work out, turning it into a Non-ranked-zombie-escape-map-only-server can be a back up.

I think this would be a good switch.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

5. Default

Also, since I know a lot of people are turned off by the idea of a WCS server, is it possible to change races from being "Orc, human, etc" to "Shotgunner, Scout Expert, etc"?

Shotgunner would be a race that benefits short-range skirmishes, spawns a shotgun, gives more speed, longjump perhaps?

Scout expert gives a scout with 90 rounds, more health, invisibility?

Just some ideas to throw out there.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Also, since I know a lot of people are turned off by the idea of a WCS server, is it possible to change races from being "Orc, human, etc" to "Shotgunner, Scout Expert, etc"?

Shotgunner would be a race that benefits short-range skirmishes, spawns a shotgun, gives more speed, longjump perhaps?

Scout expert gives a scout with 90 rounds, more health, invisibility?

Just some ideas to throw out there.
    I am thinking about doing something like that in the future, but for now it would take a lot of custom programing that is not possible before vacation.

Regardless I would like to add that I am planning on giving every class a custom model over time if we do go with wcs

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am thinking about doing something like that in the future, but for now it would take a lot of custom programing that is not possible before vacation.

Regardless I would like to add that I am planning on giving every class a custom model over time if we do go with wcs
    Very nice.

Looking forward to it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    ....that is not possible before vacation.
    are you fucking kidding?!

How many vacations do you need?!

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.