Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graduation Present

1. Default Graduation Present

Im getting a graduation present from my parents. I need a new computer, so i have been looking around. I want a gaming laptop, and alienware has always seemed the most impressive gaming laptop. I dont want to custom make one, thats what i did for my current one and it didnt turn out as amazing as i expected. So im considering the M17x as of right now. It looks pretty good, but im not an expert compared to a lot of people. Input would be helpful. Thanks.
    -MBP

2. Default

:\ .. wtf.. ur actually gonna buy an alienware... (those are way overpriced)

ill look for a better one.. with a rather cheaper price hold on asec

http://www.factorgaming.com/sager_np8662_customize.php <<<< visit there have fun
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

3. Default

you can also upgrade that computer and make it ultra god like
    Ibis Steam Contest #2

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

4. Default

I only considered Alienware because i was not the one paying, my parents would cover the cost. But ill check out this create your own thing you posted.

Edit: Ehh it seems that site is really limited. Those are not the specs i want for my rig.
    -MBP

5. Default

ok .. well good luck .. i'd stick with alienware then
    Ibis Steam Contest #2

6. Default

send me your old 1?

100 bucks n i pay for shipping and handling !

7. Default

MBP try to work in an iPhone as well into your graduation gift.

Trust me, I got my first one 2 years ago for a graduation gift.

I still thinks its the best gift I've ever gotten, and yes it does beat birthday sex.

As for your gaming computer, does it have to be a tower or can it be a laptop????

if you are considering a laptop, look into HP's 17 inch gaming machine.

my cousin uses one and it doesn't have any lag issues, graphics look amazing and he can play just about every PC game that has ever come out with no problems.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

8. Default

You could send me a few Gs and me and Jig could build you a special edition IBIS Gaming computer that is similar to the SBII.

If not be sure to at least get these specs:
    ® Core™2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz (3MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
    17-inch WideUXGA 1920x1200 (1200p)
    4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

You are going to need those 3 things minimum to not get ripped off. All the other things you can upgrade or add later but starting out with a cheep cpu upgrade and ram and most of all the lcd are things that will outlast a second gpu that could be added at a later date. Also these upgrades have a smaller impact on battery life compared to others, as well as cost.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    MBP try to work in an iPhone as well into your graduation gift.

Trust me, I got my first one 2 years ago for a graduation gift.

I still thinks its the best gift I've ever gotten, and yes it does beat birthday sex.
    You fail. Iphones are gay. I have the G1. It owns your iphone. That is all. Go smack yourself in the mouth with an idildo.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

10. Default

If money is no option i would try out http://www.falcon-nw.com/ There custom painted systems are sick. They are expensive as hell but there quality is higher then alienware.