Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Separate ZM Servers for Escape and Barricade

1. Default Separate ZM Servers for Escape and Barricade

Please, for the love of all that is holy, make two ZM servers, one dedicated to escape, the other barricade. For the past 3 hours we have been playing nothing but escape maps.. It's the same thing over and over again. Zombie turns and is a fast, everyone dies. There's no variety, just running down the same path of death over and over and over and *hours later* and over again..

Yes, I know I'm being childish. But it's getting ridiculous.

No one seems to be playing pub or rpg, and 41 players is probably a tad too much. Wouldn't you be able to take 10 player slots off the current ZM, some off of pub and rpg, and put them into a whole new server?
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 07-21-2009 at 12:08 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Believe you me, it will be more populated replacing the RPG mod into a ZM Escape.

We need the pub because all servers that have mods...have to have a pub...

It would be awesome if the no clipping feature could be turned on for escapes, I think people would appreciate that too.

4. Default

Yeah and rig it up so that the deformed on the escape maps has no kickback and say 4 k health.
    Also remove the jumper class completely for itand make it so it also doesn't have a rank system like the cade one should.

That and switch the servers around, so that the cading one has a mute feature, while the escape doesn't, that way I don't have to listen to the kid or dork of days long boring conversation.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 07-21-2009 at 12:31 PM.

5. Default

yes please do everything they said also just remove all of teh escape maps from the new server add em all to the old one then they could play crappy escape maps on crappy tick rate hhahahahahaha

6. Default

The servers have some major lag issues going on, especially on escape maps.

I'm totally down for a seperate ZM server for escape only maps.

But the major down side that I could see to having two ZM servers is there is gonna have to be more reliable admins in both servers. having two seperate servers would cause a little problem if it was only 1 admin cause than that admin would have to switch back and forth.

escape maps have been the majority of the maps right now.

but if we could find a way to make two servers work than I'm all for it cause I really hate escape maps, especially MINES OF MOTHER FUCKING LETS ASK FOR IT TO ANNOY PEOPLE MORIA.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

7. Default

When I switch to the new map system, only 2 escape maps and 4 cade maps will appear in the vote. Also I have figured out that it is possible to restrict a class on a map by map basis. I will be making the code when I get back.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    When I switch to the new map system, only 2 escape maps and 4 cade maps will appear in the vote. Also I have figured out that it is possible to restrict a class on a map by map basis. I will be making the code when I get back.
    I thought you said you were going to the bars with jigsaw??? why are you still on the forums ZERO!!!
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

"When I switch to the new map system, only 2 escape maps and 4 cade maps will appear in the vote. Also I have figured out that it is possible to restrict a class on a map by map basis. I will be making the code when I get back."

I think The best thing to do is to make two servers using the useless rpg server as the basis of an escape only server and rig it up so there are no fast zombies, no jumpers in it and rig up the deformeds so they have no kickback, regardless if there airborne or not and they should move about the same speed as a classic with only 2k health to balance out there advantages and to atleast give the escapees a chance aganst them.

(oh and make sure that theres no rank system for the escape only one, it will only server to encourage camping, rather than escaping)

For the cade server boost the health of the jumper to that of a deformed, roughly about 4500k and a kickback of 1 so they can atleast have a chance of getting the raptor campers on bumbfight (because the jumpers never last long enough to get at them, everyone focuses there fire on them and there literally shreded within 30 seconds) and do the same to the deformed as well, but give it about 3k less health so the tube campers atleast have a chance aganst them.

Along with boosting the health of the fast to 2400 there just too weak at 1500k hit points and lower the health of the classic to 1500 because the health of the classic is just ridiculous and they really don't do anything on the server anyway, so it would encourage noobs to switch over to something abit more usefull.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 07-21-2009 at 11:49 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have to give props to Holy Dart and Res, who have been recently keeping the good maps coming. Otherwise everyone would just press 1 or 2, no matter how bad of a map it is. Too bad you couldn't rig the vote to show better maps higher up in the list. But I still think there should be two separate ZMs, and I'm pretty sure just about everyone who plays there would agree.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.