Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead 2

1. Default Left 4 Dead 2

Who will be getting it? And what's your thoughts on it?

It'll probably feature about 1-2 new special zombie infected, and remakes of all the original weapons! Seems like a total waste of money, right? Especially with all those new custom maps coming out on the original L4D.

Then again, I suppose it might have a few new key features that make it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDueGY13j3A

I call the dude in white. it's mostly all I wear here in Florida apart from Hawaii button shirts.

Almost forgot, melee weapons!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Who will be getting it? And what's your thoughts on it?

It'll probably feature about 1-2 new special zombie infected, and remakes of all the original weapons! Seems like a total waste of money, right? Especially with all those new custom maps coming out on the original L4D.

Then again, I suppose it might have a few new key features that make it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDueGY13j3A

I call the dude in white. it's mostly all I wear here in Florida apart from Hawaii button shirts.

Almost forgot, melee weapons!
    im gonna get it just to make my game collection go from 150 to 151
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

3. Default

Im not getting it. Not for PC or 360. I think its going to be a disappointment, to soon after the first one to be a whole new game imo. I never even beat the first one though... lol
    -MBP

4. Default

I think I am going to save myself $50 and use it to buy food. Plus L4D sucks anyways.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    I think I am going to save myself $50 and use it to buy food. Plus L4D sucks anyways.
    I see you know nothing about games,L4D is a excellent game...its was game of the year too. I think L4D 2 should have been a expansion pack, but Thats how these companies make money. I 'll will be buying it.

6. Default

i think l4d2 is just a bunch of crap its just a total re-make of l4d with a few new perks

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Im not getting it. Not for PC or 360. I think its going to be a disappointment, to soon after the first one to be a whole new game imo. I never even beat the first one though... lol
    Yeah, I kind of agree with you. Hell, the freaking demo for L4D had everything that the game had to offer, except for all the maps. But I'll probably get it anyways. I mean come on, it has a guy who dresses in all white like me. I can't pass that up.

And also, you can't really beat it, just the campaigns. That's one thing that annoyed the heck out of me. No story line.

I still loved it though.. Killing zombies is in my blood it seems. And with the software out to build custom maps and such, people will have plenty out to keep us all entertained soon enough.

And Dual, I agree. It should have been an expansion. But then how would they make their money?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

I loved left 4 dead but they've not really delt with any of the issues I had with it character wise, you know the RELOADING, HELP!! soundclips and all that jack shit doesn't do anything gameplay wise and should have been removed and anything relation to the survivors relationships, I dont care about them I just want to kill zombies.

I do think that when someones pinned by an infected they should scream for help but also flash bright red light going off so you dont have to use a mic to say hey!! im pinned by a hunter!!! ya idiot turn around! plus all of these charicters seem like douche bags and hicks with the exception of the black woman and hightower from police academy.

So unless it goes on sale for under 30 I'm not spending any money on it, this feels like valves driv3r and 4 right now, and besides what the fuck is going on with episode 3?

9. Default

Valve time. That's whats going on with HL2 Ep. 3.

One month is 3 months.
    One year is 2.
    Etc.

Anywho, why would you want a game without a storyline? Aren't you curious about how the infection started? Or how mankind is dealing with this? In HL2 there's about 10% storyline and 90% playing the game. It could easily be the same for L4D and be an even greater game.

In L4d, they've left clues on the walls and such, explaining that it's a virus type zombie infection, and you're the immune. But the fact that it places you in 4 completely unrelated scenarios is annoying to me. I wanted them to all link together, and I wanted more then just the special infected/weapons you got in the demo. It's not really a campaign, just escape maps.

Kavinsky, you HATE escape maps. That's all they are without a storyline.

And to really play L4D to it's full potential, you need to play with an actual team, with actual friends, who actually know what the hell they're doing.

Me, Hobo, Ender, and usually either Bloodwolf or Dan would always play together. We were an awesome team. We could run through expert with no problem.

10. Default

I don't mind story about how the infection started I just hate the bs relationships between the survivors, and apparently the survivors are going to grow during the trip through left 4 dead 2 and become different people at the end.

case in point: I love horses
    http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/143522...ze_052809.html

If theres one thing I've learned from playing synergy (a multiplayer mod of half life 2) its that after the fifth or sixth time throught you dont care about the relationship between you, alyx, mossman or whoever, you only care about the action, and the story begins to constrict you and piss you off.

Although I agree that the campaigns should have been all linked and maybe the surviors deaths through them should have been permanent through all five of them to give it a proper horror movie feel if your not playing VS.

(speaking of VS I hope they let us play as one of the little crapy zombies while we wait 20 seconds to become a special infected again like yahtzee suggested)
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...59-Left-4-Dead

I may have been unkind by saying its valves driv3r and 4 but its sort of the same situation, there was no real changes between the two games besides the settings and a few things which made it feel like it was over priced expansion like this one does.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 07-25-2009 at 12:39 PM.