Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: xXHoLy-dArTXx WTF!?!

1. Default

WOW .. horrible adminship.. unlesss you saw the cade breaking take place.. (this is not a rule but it will make you seem much much more fair) You must ask for atleast 2 witnesses to see the cade breaking take place... this is to insure you aren't banning too hastely...
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

2. Default

I don't like to involve myself in disagreements between players... Admin or not... To set the record straight I was not involved in this til this morning (July 26th, 2009 11:32a EST) when vlad asked me to look at this thread... I have played on servers where vlad plays, and find his sportsmenship, talent and respect for our server, above average compared to others (in and out of forums)... I would like too also thank vlad for bringing his issue here rather than continue in the server... (HOWEVER so of your offensive language in, on and regarding this issue was punishable (but only a kick)... The tone of the conversation when you said; <quote>Vladninja : you fucking liar</quote>... angry or not if you elevate a situation, regardless of how upset you are with regards to the accusations or assumptions, is not the proper way to start a converastion... Knowing this conversation about as well as I know xXHoLy-dArTXx l ibis.a, I can not comment personally with reagrds to him (xXHoLy-dArTXx l ibis.a and I may or may not have played on a zombie server together because of the amount of people I still dont know that play there also).... (HOWEVER Restraint, tact and approach are key to being an Admin... it is our responsibility to act with restaint, use tact, and approach issues in a manner that does not inflame the situation, specifically without merit or factual infomation (visual, 1st hand knowledge) not speculation, or what may appear at third party as joking, prodding or Admin being pulled in by another third party, when you started out with: <quote>ADMIN) xXHoLy-dArTXx l ibis.a: wait Dr.A srry i didnt hear u did u say something about banning smoeone or something?</quote>... And out side of your grammar, you clearly went into this situation unprepared and maybe even swayed to pre-judgement or possibly anger driven course of action... That is not proper behavior for an Admin... You could have PM'd him to dicuss the matter... You could have enquisited the situation prior to accusing him with the backing of a third party... There are many good choices an Admin can make but only one bad one... Think, next time you get into a situation like this, in the future maybe enlist other Admin for guidance PRIOR to confrontation of any sorts...

These kinds of issues can be controlled when the parties involved are educated, informed, and clearly level headed... Admins, you must learn restraint, use tact, and approach a situation with the understanding that you are responsible for the integrity of ibis Gaming and their servers at all cost... Players, you must understand that not all accusations are dually warrented, but it is our position as Admin to look into every situation, whether you are guilty or not, and your cooperation includes non-abusive correspondence, or other aggervating behaviors...

Vlad, In future, do not involve other Admins that have little or nothing to do with the situation as this merely creates opposition and disruption to the responsibilties of the Admin conducting the situation...

xXHoLy-dArTXx l ibis.a, be thoughtful to the repercussions of your actions...

And to all of you others, GET BACK TO THE SERVERS MAGGOTS, YOUR"RE NOT HERE TO CHAT, MR BIGELSWORTH SAID YOUE HERE TO DIE!!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    It was never tolerated.
    actually alot has been tolerated lately that shouldn't be.

just yesterday there was a player named "voices" just screaming and saying random shit into his mic for like 5 minutes straight.

the only thing he got was a warning from pink.

along with alpha.flash and lazytown they were spamming the radio commands for an entire map. with no warning at all from pink.

the biggest thing is admins using admin commands on other admins. it doesn't matter if its for fun, some of you admins are setting a bad example for others who are thinking about becoming admin.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

Immediately just from reading the first few lines of what Vlad posted, I know Dart was doing things wrong. She's been trying to be a good admin, and she has actually listened to me a few times about how to do things. But, Vlad is one of the better players on the server, he's been around longer than dart and myself. He isn't a cade breaker, and dart shouldn't be banning without proof anyways.

I think one of the reasons for this admin abuse thread is to mostly bring attention to the new admins who have been doing things like this quite often. Though that may just be my own speculation.

Chronic, I'm not there because I'm helping my grandparents. >.>..

Anyhow, that ban is too short to give her punishment for, but without proof, and when talking to someone without a bad record, she should use a little common sense. And if she hasn't been around long enough to know the regulars and good/bad players, then she does need to get proof. We all start somewhere. But becoming a good admin doesn't really happen overnight.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    actually alot has been tolerated lately that shouldn't be.

just yesterday there was a player named "voices" just screaming and saying random shit into his mic for like 5 minutes straight.

the only thing he got was a warning from pink.
    I have never tolerated that.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    along with alpha.flash and lazytown they were spamming the radio commands for an entire map. with no warning at all from pink.

the biggest thing is admins using admin commands on other admins. it doesn't matter if its for fun, some of you admins are setting a bad example for others who are thinking about becoming admin.
    Example please.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post

Chronic, I'm not there because I'm helping my grandparents. >.>..
    Jeimuzu, when did I mention you by name?

See Vlad, it is already starting... Now both parties kiss and make up or go calm down on another server... this issue is over and needs not to be dragged on any longer... Both agree, we all move on!

7. Default

Vladninja has been around as long as I and I know he wouldn't do something like that.

Holy-Dart is a modest and honest admin, and it is unusual for her to jump to conclusions like this and be so aggressive. Remember Holy-Dart, remain calm, and BE SURE WHO IT IS BEFORE YOU ISSUE A BAN.

I banned Kavinsky for 60 mins for cade breaking the other day on beachstrike; however, not 1, or 2, but 3 people called him out for doing it. He is a regular so I was somewhat surprised to hear that, but at least 3 people called him out for doing that, so I went off majority rule.

Here's quote by me about another admin who had sometimes been hasty with the banhammer...

Now, about your comment on Lukey. He's a good admin, but I've noticed that he's been getting a little ban-happy recently. He banned the wrong guy yesterday, and then I had to search through my condump files (console dumps to hard disk) to retrieve the player's Steam ID so he could unban him.

Remember, warning, kick, ban. In that order. Unless warnings have been issued server-wide at the beginning of the round. Then immediately escalate the level of punishment. Use discretion.

Banning is great, just be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE you are banning the right suspect. If you're not, DO NOT BAN. Simple as that.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...&postcount=120

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Vladninja has been around as long as I and I know he wouldn't do something like that.

Holy-Dart is a modest and honest admin, and it is unusual for her to jump to conclusions like this and be so aggressive. Remember Holy-Dart, remain calm, and BE SURE WHO IT IS BEFORE YOU ISSUE A BAN.

I banned Kavinsky for 60 mins for cade breaking the other day on beachstrike; however, not 1, or 2, but 3 people called him out for doing it. He is a regular so I was somewhat surprised to hear that, but at least 3 people called him out for doing that, so I went off majority rule.

Here's quote by me about another admin who had sometimes been hasty with the banhammer...

Now, about your comment on Lukey. He's a good admin, but I've noticed that he's been getting a little ban-happy recently. He banned the wrong guy yesterday, and then I had to search through my condump files (console dumps to hard disk) to retrieve the player's Steam ID so he could unban him.

Remember, warning, kick, ban. In that order. Unless warnings have been issued server-wide at the beginning of the round. Then immediately escalate the level of punishment. Use discretion.

Banning is great, just be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE you are banning the right suspect. If you're not, DO NOT BAN. Simple as that.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...&postcount=120

unless you see it or hear it for yourself, bans should always be the last thing.

the keep them in game and torment them works perfectly for me.

they can't find a cade to break if there blind!!!!!
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

Listen guys, I am talking in STEAM chat to Holy-Dart now, and she feels really bad about what she did (to the point where she said she is not gonna play, but I won't let her quit). She's too embarrassed to make a statement here for her apology, so I will do it on her behalf.

Don't give her a hard time, and don't think badly of her, she is a good admin. She knows this went too far, and everyone makes mistakes. This was a small one, and she's learned from this. Let's forget it and have fun in ZM
    Last edited by walterbrunswick; 07-26-2009 at 03:20 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicVT View Post
    And to all of you others, GET BACK TO THE SERVERS MAGGOTS, YOUR"RE NOT HERE TO CHAT,
    Technically you were talking to me, and all the others. I was just giving my reason as to why I'm not there right now.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.