Thread: Lets get the unwritten rules writen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Lets get the unwritten rules writen

2 per tubes
    Certin cading spots on maps. Lets write all these rules down and lets see what what jigsaw and zero want to approval or not. Let get all of us admins on the same page. I am kinda tired.. cant think of any besides

** 2 per a tube (4 if it 3+ long and open on both ends(Example bumfight)) any more is bad for the team. Person can be too close and get the tube tagged without a train and it blocks line of sight of one or more players. Tubes are small not ment to hold alot of people unlike vents witch are wider, longer most of the time.

** And using money on lila_panic_v2 in the money room.

** Retrying or going to spec to avoid death as both human and zombie (some prick was a jumper, I was pew pewing with a USP then he retried on me before I got my kill)

Please add more, and lets hope to hear from Jigsaw and/or Zero
    Last edited by Pink; 07-27-2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: adding another rule

2. Default

1.) Team killing. (I.E. blowing the bridge on many of your team mates when there is no zombie on it, or killing team mates with a canon in Natalys or Syberia, or closing doors too quickly in Space Station, or closing the terrorists' door. [SSZZ shouldn't be included because there's multiple ways to go])

2.) Grenade Glitching. (Where you drop a grenade and reconnect to the server, causing the grenade to glitch and kill your team mates.)

3.) Restriction of blocking the secret vent of Abandoned Mall. (Putting two venders on top of each other and one behind it makes it impossible for zombies to push in. Barricading the upstairs area or in the room should be permitted as long as it isn't blocking the vent entrance.)

I don't think the money room or the shelf room should be banned spots. If you ban them then you should ban all the wall cades in tx_highschool. The thing is, people don't usually know how to set barricades up right. Those that do, deserve to have a good, long run, in a hard to break cade. If you put any small group of 2 or 3 players who know what they're doing, the result will almost always be the same: They survive, or one of them gets turned into the first zombie.

I've broken into the money room before, and the shelf room. They are hard, and the people have to really suck inside the cade, I know. But even so, if you have to restrict one of those two spots, I would say the shelf room. There's another spot in zm_wtfhax which is essentially like the money room. You can break into it if it isn't set up right. And just putting the money behind the bookcase won't stop them from crawling in.

This isn't a no reload server, and I really hope it never will be. So saying you can't cade vents or can't have paras in them shouldn't be a rule. Even though I hate paras.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 07-27-2009 at 03:57 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I don't think the money room or the shelf room should be banned spots. If you ban them then you should ban all the wall cades in tx_highschool. The thing is, people don't usually know how to set barricades up right. Those that do, deserve to have a good, long run, in a hard to break cade. If you put any small group of 2 or 3 players who know what they're doing, the result will almost always be the same: They survive, or one of them gets turned into the first zombie.

I've broken into the money room before, and the shelf room. They are hard, and the people have to really suck inside the cade, I know. But even so, if you have to restrict one of those two spots, I would say the shelf room. There's another spot in zm_wtfhax which is essentially like the money room. You can break into it if it isn't set up right. And just putting the money behind the bookcase won't stop them from crawling in.

This isn't a no reload server, and I really hope it never will be. So saying you can't cade vents or can't have paras in them shouldn't be a rule. Even though I hate paras.
    I agree... start banning good cade spots and then whats the point of playing any non escape maps. These maps were picked for ZM and we havent had a problem in the long history of IBIS.... dont start making all good areas off limits or no one will play.

4. Default

the two to a tube thing isn't a rule but more of a common courtesy thing. if a third person is in the tube, there gonna block one of the other people in the tube from seeing out of it.

I don't think this should be a set rule but more of a courtesy thing towards a fellow player.

most spots can actually be broken into if you have the right people doing what needs to be done. the other day slasher and I destroyed the red crate on lila_panic as zombies.

the only one that I think should be keep written down as a banned spot is the red room on tx_highschool.

once we getted the deformed configured to how it should be on ZM, than we can look at new spots.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

5. Default

I believe we should, for the time, keep trying to introduce courtesies to the new players, not with authority, but with influence. We should not strive for power, but instead work together towards insuring the continuing success of this server, while keeping it as enjoyable as possible.

I hope that the admins from ZM gather here and share their concerns, and that we do not fight about it, but come to a rational agreement and understanding.

-----------------------------------------------------

Zero and Jigsaw aren't always here, and all of the admins aren't exactly on the same page. We need to resolve this one way or the other. I would hope in a peaceful manor.

Walter, you seem to think when I change maps, its to something I want. Or at least that's how Hitman sees it. I don't care what we play, other people however, do. I put majority votes up always to see if people want the map changed when its a bad map, then ask the senior admin or another admin if they want to make a vote. If they don't, then I make one. I'm not being selfish, I'm doing my job as an admin to keep fun to a maximum, by not forcing people to play bad maps, while admins throw the "I have the seniority" line at me. If you have seniority, then do what the people want and change the map with a multiple map vote that you build.

I ask that you trust me, I've been here long enough to know what maps people like and dislike. And if there is any specific map you want to play then by all means, we can throw it into a map vote if you suggest it.

As for making random rules for a map, I gave you an example of how to do something like that in Snoopie. People voted not to go to the shelf room, and I asked everyone not to go. They complied with the request. I wouldn't go as far as freezing or banning them if they go in there. It was everyone's choice to not go in there.

If I'm wrong then I am sorry and I ask that you correct what I may have misinterpreted. I'm not posting this to start a flame war, and I definitely do not want to argue. Again, I hope that we can rationally and peacefully come to an understanding and agreement.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

- WeeMan has got to stop using his Force Push to fuck every non perfect cade in the world
    - People has got to stop slapping WeeMan around.. vice versa ROFL

in all seriousness
    - The rule of cade breaking has to be more clear.. If you are making a cade.. (its not a cade yet) and someone comes and prevent or failed at helping you make the cade.. is that considered cade breaking.. because there wasn't a cade to begin with >>"
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I believe we should, for the time, keep trying to introduce courtesies to the new players, not with authority, but with influence. We should not strive for power, but instead work together towards insuring the continuing success of this server, while keeping it as enjoyable as possible.

I hope that the admins from ZM gather here and share their concerns, and that we do not fight about it, but come to a rational agreement and understanding.

-----------------------------------------------------

Zero and Jigsaw aren't always here, and all of the admins aren't exactly on the same page. We need to resolve this one way or the other. I would hope in a peaceful manor.

Walter, you seem to think when I change maps, its to something I want. Or at least that's how Hitman sees it. I don't care what we play, other people however, do. I put majority votes up always to see if people want the map changed when its a bad map, then ask the senior admin or another admin if they want to make a vote. If they don't, then I make one. I'm not being selfish, I'm doing my job as an admin to keep fun to a maximum, by not forcing people to play bad maps, while admins throw the "I have the seniority" line at me. If you have seniority, then do what the people want and change the map with a multiple map vote that you build.

I ask that you trust me, I've been here long enough to know what maps people like and dislike. And if there is any specific map you want to play then by all means, we can throw it into a map vote if you suggest it.

As for making random rules for a map, I gave you an example of how to do something like that in Snoopie. People voted not to go to the shelf room, and I asked everyone not to go. They complied with the request. I wouldn't go as far as freezing or banning them if they go in there. It was everyone's choice to not go in there.

If I'm wrong then I am sorry and I ask that you correct what I may have misinterpreted. I'm not posting this to start a flame war, and I definitely do not want to argue. Again, I hope that we can rationally and peacefully come to an understanding and agreement.
    Yeah ur right u became an admin for the people and not for yourself but thats in general and for alot of the admins

And most of the time walter dosnt understand this concept
    Last edited by Shinkiro; 07-27-2009 at 07:09 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    the two to a tube thing isn't a rule but more of a common courtesy thing. if a third person is in the tube, there gonna block one of the other people in the tube from seeing out of it.

I agree here, the "2 per tube rule" was never a rule.

Only the people who wanted to be courteous, were.

I don't think it should become a rule, either.

Because if we're going to make common courtesy rules, then I want a rule that states whoever is the first zombie, must !ztele out of the cade as a common courtesy.

That's the only thing I can think of at this time that I feel passionate about.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

I agree here, the "2 per tube rule" was never a rule.

Only the people who wanted to be courteous, were.

I don't think it should become a rule, either.

Because if we're going to make common courtesy rules, then I want a rule that states whoever is the first zombie, must !ztele out of the cade as a common courtesy.

That's the only thing I can think of at this time that I feel passionate about.
    The common courtesy rules, also nicknamed the "Bro Code" isn't something that should have to be forced onto the player, but should be a choice players have to make. In a sense, I suppose doing such things as tagging someone when you spawn as a zombie in their barricade can be considered disrespectful if someone really wanted to take it that far. But as I mentioned before, as experienced players, we should be able to set an example via influence.

What I'm trying to do is get all the admins together here so we can figure out what we want as courtesy rules, until Zero or Jigsaw decide to do something.

I know most of the rules/Bro code, I'm pretty sure. Some are ridiculous, while other ones serve a purpose. We have to come to an agreement, and stop fighting against each other. It was the whole purpose of my second post in this thread.

And pink, we aren't trying to start a flame war, just trying to have a discussion.

Again, I ask that the admins and players post their concerns and what they think the solutions may be.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 07-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.