I have head reports that some users could not see the website last night while other users had no problems at all. Interestingly enough I noticed strange sub domain issues with some popular large sites this morning. Soon after hearing about our site I found the cause:

"ISC is reporting that a new, remotely exploitable vulnerability has been found in all versions of BIND 9. A specially crafted dynamic update packet will make BIND die with an assertion error. There is an exploit in the wild and there are no access control workarounds. RedHat claims that the exploit does not affect BIND servers that do not allow dynamic updates, but the ISC post refutes that. This is a high-priority vulnerability and DNS operators will want to upgrade BIND to the latest patch level."
Just another batch of hacks on the internet. This exploit and a series of DDOS attacks on multiple DNS servers around the country/world likely caused a great deal of havoc on the internet all day yesterday.

Luckily such large scale attacks on DNS servers as a result of exploits are rare and hopefully tomorrow everything will be running like normal.