Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: About this new WC Server

  1. Default About this new WC Server

    So I came on a couple of times today and after a couple of hours observing the new system...I just can't help but compare WC server to the RPG server from last time. The only difference between the two is classes...but even so, I think even class specific perks has like no effect over the permanent effects like speed, gravity, invisibility...

    So much to say but the words at the moment isn't really coming out...So I'll try to describe as much as possible and it will probably sound somewhat confusing.

    The WC server is no different than the RPG server because of the fact you can permanetly increase your health, speed, invisibility, gravity. I just saw like 2 people pulling a Sizzle (i.e. bunny hopping into the enemy spawn and start knifing). The lower class people have no chance because they can barely see the quickness of these players.

    I remember playing WC servers like a few years ago that didn't have that and was much much more balanced. Instead, they can buy temporary speed upgrades or health or even become a mole or respawn into the enemy base the next round.

    I guess what I'm saying is to disable the permanent stats and such.

    It is probably unfair for me to say this without playing at all, but this is what I've gathered through observation and also hearing some people complain about it. Hell, I may be the only person in the forums to feel that way. But watching these individuals with a score of 30/3 while the rest are 5/20 just made me wonder how much of a change it was compared to the RPG server.

    Forgive me for my ignorance if I fail to realize there are certain aspects that make it more balanced/fair.

    Secrest out.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    So I came on a couple of times today and after a couple of hours observing the new system...I just can't help but compare WC server to the RPG server from last time. The only difference between the two is classes...but even so, I think even class specific perks has like no effect over the permanent effects like speed, gravity, invisibility...

    So much to say but the words at the moment isn't really coming out...So I'll try to describe as much as possible and it will probably sound somewhat confusing.

    The WC server is no different than the RPG server because of the fact you can permanetly increase your health, speed, invisibility, gravity. I just saw like 2 people pulling a Sizzle (i.e. bunny hopping into the enemy spawn and start knifing). The lower class people have no chance because they can barely see the quickness of these players.

    I remember playing WC servers like a few years ago that didn't have that and was much much more balanced. Instead, they can buy temporary speed upgrades or health or even become a mole or respawn into the enemy base the next round.

    I guess what I'm saying is to disable the permanent stats and such.

    It is probably unfair for me to say this without playing at all, but this is what I've gathered through observation and also hearing some people complain about it. Hell, I may be the only person in the forums to feel that way. But watching these individuals with a score of 30/3 while the rest are 5/20 just made me wonder how much of a change it was compared to the RPG server.

    Forgive me for my ignorance if I fail to realize there are certain aspects that make it more balanced/fair.

    Secrest out.
    that's why I stay away from the WCS server lol. I don't play it enough to have any skills.

    that's why I say we should really concentrate on getting the PUB back up and running.

    we had a total of 16 people on the PUB today when jigsaw popped in to ask us if we had lag or not lol.

    random but pretty cool.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    that's why I stay away from the WCS server lol. I don't play it enough to have any skills.

    that's why I say we should really concentrate on getting the PUB back up and running.

    we had a total of 16 people on the PUB today when jigsaw popped in to ask us if we had lag or not lol.

    random but pretty cool.
    Haha, I played the RPG server a couple of times, but got frustrated at the people who played 10x more than me, and who had 10x more levels than me.

    Too powerful.

    I'm guessing this WC server is the same way, which means I, too, will steer clear from it.

    and Jigsaw does that, that's how he rolls.

    Next time you see him though, ask him about that picture of his.

    Haha.

    The little beach bum.



    Thatís the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

  4. Default

    If you have not been listening... Zero and Jigsaw (Jigsaw's idea first) is to get the pub up and running next... but to help increase the need, it would be helpful if people were playing there... if we don't why should they waste the time... I rather like the WC server... yes it takes some getting used to... but it is rather fun... think of WC server as a pub... than give me your xp... LOL

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    that's why I stay away from the WCS server lol. I don't play it enough to have any skills.

    that's why I say we should really concentrate on getting the PUB back up and running.

    we had a total of 16 people on the PUB today when jigsaw popped in to ask us if we had lag or not lol.

    random but pretty cool.
    Yeah, I'm glad I started inviting everyone, and everyone started inviting more people. It was fun until Holy got mad at me for killing everyone with my sniper,(I am the Guardian!) and banned me. >.> After that everyone seemed to have left. I plan on inviting everyone again tomorrow.



    Anyway, Hobo is right. The permanent stat increase is probably too much for the newcomers. If it was temporary then at least they would have a chance, and it would depend more on how well you play and use your skills, instead of just who can play the most to get to the highest level.

    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad I started inviting everyone, and everyone started inviting more people. It was fun until Holy got mad at me for killing everyone with my sniper,(I am the Guardian!) and banned me. >.> After that everyone seemed to have left. I plan on inviting everyone again tomorrow.



    Anyway, Hobo is right. The permanent stat increase is probably too much for the newcomers. If it was temporary then at least they would have a chance, and it would depend more on how well you play and use your skills, instead of just who can play the most to get to the highest level.

    The thing your not taking into account is once you have a race maxed out on skills... you switch to a new race and start leveling at level 1 again. Yes the people that play the most are always gonna have the advantage but isnt that true somewhat in all servers. I love the new wcs server and think the permanent stat boosts are a good reason to come back and put some serious time in.

    Oh and Fyi Ive never played on the RPG server and the other night was my first time on the WCS server. I got owned for an hour or two by Jigsaw. Playd an hour with just Zero and ManBearPig. And got my ass kicked another few hours with just Manbearpig and myself in game... but it was a blast.
    Dont change a thing its great!!!! Suck it up put in some time and you will start to feel like you actually have somthing to show for it. In one night even with all the beatdowns I got to level 14. Its not that hard when you figure it out.
    Last edited by Vladninja; 07-31-2009 at 12:13 AM.

  7. Default

    Still don't feel like binding 4-6 keys for it though.

    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  8. Default

    nope its usually just 2 then again there are some races that are just to godly and also u can make ur own easily

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Still don't feel like binding 4-6 keys for it though.
    LOL I dont have any keys bound... maybe Im missing somthing... or maybe Im just that good.

  10. Default

    Added 3 more classes.
    Mainly higher level ones, some of them have REALLY cool effects, you guys will like them ^^



    Live or die, make your choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •