Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Manual Server Restart command [Updated]

1. Default

If a list of non working 40 slot maps could be made I could add more spawn points...

2. Default

All you'd really have to do is open the maps in the SDK and add spawn points then save.. I think..

Let me go try it.

Apparently not. You need the original .vmf save don't you?..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

It can be done with a server side mod

4. Default Restart server??

Zero,

I know that I read somewhere that you do not like server restarts as it has been abused in the past, however, A few nights ago on the GG server, there was a major malfunction in either the server or people in he server as we were having severe lagging problems uncommon to the typical performance and most of the peopl were asking me to restart the server.

I said that even though it was pretty bad that you had posted that restarts were not recommended so I logged rather than have to deal with the whining.

So tell me, should I have restarted the server or not? I am pretty self conscious of the admin commands that I enable so was not ready to do this and be in a bad light as an admin in IBIS eyes.

I am almost 62 and I have nothing but the best interests at heart for the gamers and server hosts.

Regards,

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>
    Last edited by DeadEyeDeNNi$; 10-27-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

5. Default

Yea, especially in servers that are not zm any lag that is not normal and will not go away with a map change will require a restart to fix. Assuming that a restart can fix it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    I think this is a good idea but maybe only trusted admins should be allowed this power such as holy shit and other long time admins. I fear it would be abused.
    Or admins like me.
    haven't been admin for ages, but 4 months, as of... the day after tomorrow.
    not that that matters. buh im a good person, you should know that.
    Xenn<3: if your getting old then I am old
    Rob | Ibis.a: Older women are yum though.
    Rob | Ibis.a: so its cool.
    Xenn<3: oh dear jesus lol
    (ADMIN) aNex <ibis>: You are the super senior admin first class with three ranks above other admins.
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    o.O dude, you're fucking dead. i don't think posting photoshopped pics of zero's mother sleeping with the pope would even come CLOSE to taking on rob.

7. Default

Updated with the new commands

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Or admins like me.
    haven't been admin for ages, but 4 months, as of... the day after tomorrow.
    not that that matters. buh im a good person, you should know that.
    ^^ since 2008 here