Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manual Server Restart command [Updated]

1. Arrow Manual Server Restart command [Updated]

If something goes crazy on a map and the server needs a reset first try rcon_reload this will restart the map but will first unload and reload all running plugins and game settings. This is a much more efficient way to try to correct normal gameplay glitches.
    Code:
    rcon_reload
    However some times this can be really messed like when there are ghost players wasting slots (thanks valve) these need to be fixed by a rcon_restart
    Code:
    rcon_restart
    The rcon_restart command will crash the server as soon as it is entered. This way it will restart via the auto crash detection immediately. Admins that abuse this power will have rcon powers taken away and or will be perma banned from all servers. The restart command should only be used in a situation where the server physics are broken and map switching nor switching around sv_turbophysics along with other possible cvars does not fix the problem.
    Last edited by ZERO; 07-15-2011 at 02:40 PM.

2. Default

Fuck yes, exactly what ZM needed.

3. Default

What if someones timeleft spamming the server causing it to lag, can an admin purposely crash the server?
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

4. Default

I LOVE YOU! (no homo)

Finally.

Thank you!!!

This access is much needed now-a-days, as the servers have been suffering from memory leaks and physics problems on a seemingly-regular basis.

Admittedly I am one of these perpetrators who have used the "negative gravity" solution, probably even the one who has used it the most (all in warranted situations). I'm sorry, I didn't know this caused a "black hole" memory leak (that would explain the ridiculously long reboot times).

5. Default

thanks ZERO!!!

see walter I told you changing the gravity to crash the server to restart it was a big no-no.

maybe you should listen when it comes to this stuff.

**EDIT**

HOLY, ZERO has something installed to where if you do spam timeleft, that person is automatically banned.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    What if someones timeleft spamming the server causing it to lag, can an admin purposely crash the server?
    There is a mod that auto bans anyone doing that.

7. Default

Sweet.

Haven't been on much lately to know that !
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    thanks ZERO!!!

see walter I told you changing the gravity to crash the server to restart it was a big no-no.

maybe you should listen when it comes to this stuff.

**EDIT**

HOLY, ZERO has something installed to where if you do spam timeleft, that person is automatically banned.

I only did the negative gravity thing once, but I was told that was the only way to crash the server, I tried everything from mass slapping to burning, freezing, slapping, etc.

But anyways, Zero-kins, will do.

If I ever need to do anything in GG, I do so in your holy name!

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post

I only did the negative gravity thing once, but I was told that was the only way to crash the server, I tried everything from mass slapping to burning, freezing, slapping, etc.

But anyways, Zero-kins, will do.

If I ever need to do anything in GG, I do so in your holy name!
    I would like to know who told you that??
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

I think this is a good idea but maybe only trusted admins should be allowed this power such as holy shit and other long time admins. I fear it would be abused.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers