Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 Theroys and a A+ psych paper i wrote

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I just watched that movie knowing by nicolas cage ( I spelled it wrong sue me) anyways its a good movie to watch after reading this, but I think the possibility of a solar flare from the sun whipping us out is a little far fetched.

if the world is gonna end, its gonna end on our own terms, not from some comet smashing into earth, not cause of some solar flare, not cause of another intelligent life form with super weapons is gonna take us over, but because of the rate of pollution we humans are producing the earth will never recover from it at one point.
    That is why you want a space program...

2. Default

Knowing was a terrible movie. TERRIBLE!!! Seriously i watched that garbage about 3 weeks ago and i still am hating myself for actually wasting my time watching that garbage. They decided to make a moving on a good premise and destroy it with giant plot holes and things that just made no sense. My view of you inthebutt has gone down a little because of that lol

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by silent View Post
    Knowing was a terrible movie. TERRIBLE!!! Seriously i watched that garbage about 3 weeks ago and i still am hating myself for actually wasting my time watching that garbage. They decided to make a moving on a good premise and destroy it with giant plot holes and things that just made no sense. My view of you inthebutt has gone down a little because of that lol
    hey know, I thought the idea of someone was able to predict all the tragic events before they happened and that a solar flare from our sun could kill us all. yes the acting was horrible and the CGI was terrible but I like the story idea.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

here a little nice piece of reading if you guys want to read it.

I don't know how creditable this is but it was fun to read.

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

its about how the mayan calendar doesn't end in 2012, it just starts over
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    i'm to young to understand this but 1 fact i know the world is not gonna end in 2012 nuff said
    yes you are you nub

and pshh im guatemalan which makes me mayan, and yea zero is true about the all the data destroyed. but you prob learned from history class <:P
    Last edited by Holy-Sonic; 08-17-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-Sonic View Post
    yes you are you nub

and pshh im guatemalan which makes me mayan, and yea zero is true about the all the data destroyed. but you prob learned from history class <:P
    naww not school, self interest, i had an interest in the culture, in which alot of what i believe spiritually is based off of th8us seekin more knowladge by studying mayan culture

7. Default

They seem to have the same data I do and thus there information looks good. That page is basically saying what I said except they actually listed all of there reasons unlike me who simply posted the most logical answer with one supporting reference.

Also you may note that my argument is more culturally based then the one on that webpage and this is simply because that author has no first hand experience with Mayan civilization. Having personally seen there ruins first hand, you can really gain a deeper seance for the kind of people they were. I have traveled thought Europe and have seen over 10000 years of civilization but no where have I ever seen a people so driven by the stars as the Mayan. Even the placement of there buildings is determined by the heavens.

In Greece you can see from the placement and design of the ruins how everything was built on logic. In Rome how everything is aligned has its place and has a purpose and history to bring about order. In the Vatican how religious symbolism is expressed in every forum of Vatican City. In Spain where hundreds of years of war blend Christian and Muslim culture together within the very buildings they battled before. But in Mexico in the cities of the Mayans there is something that has not been seen before. Although the Egyptians aligned the pyramids to the stars it was not as though there culture and for that matter the layout of there cities followed this system. Instead like most civilizations around them placement for non religious structures had little to nothing to do with the stars. In Mayan cities virtually everything has a time and a place. For to the Mayans the universe was not simply a space filled with stars and planets but the container of time itself similar to how we view it today. When they aligned buildings and even roads with space they were not just placing them in a physically demisonal position but where placing them at an exact point in time as well.

For those of you who are interested in seeing stuff like this I really recommend going to Mexico to check it out because it really is like nothing you have or ever will see.

As for the sunsports that data is old and the trending is now wrong. The highest peek is now believed to be over and the next cycle believed to be smaller.
    This model is the best prediction currently available that was updated this month all actual value sets go until Aug 3rd.
    Last edited by ZERO; 08-18-2009 at 11:21 AM.

8. Default

Interesting reading, Mikey. I don't agree with a lot in it, but held my attention and did not feel it was a waste of my time (compliment).

in ref to the mayan 2012 calender ending....

I remember catching a part of an article/show/discusson some where I dont' remember where it was agreed upon that the end of the mayan calander is open to interpretation in so many ways that it actually doesn't lean to any concrete meaning. It's also my understanding from passively catching small references, comments, etc that the general accepted theory is that the calender resets then. The world undergoing a masssive change is a close second theory.

all in all, they are all theories. Your theory is just as viable as any other.

tks for the read.

9. Default

good stuff DJ
    ive been reading things on 2012 too. i believe something will happen in dec. of 2012 but who is to know exactly what it is? all we can do is wait and find out when it happens though...

also i want to say that i think there is a lot more to the mayans, egyptians, religion, and a few other things that we do not know and that people in higher places that are making the big decisions are hiding from us. maybe one day our eyes will be opened and people will wake up.

anyways again, good stuff DJ

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine