Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Web Site Move Tonight

1. Arrow Web Site Move Tonight

Tonight the website will be switching servers. This will not effect game servers with the exception of stats display. The first sign that the move has started will be when the forums close sometime after 12:00am at this time all the databases will be dumped and moved to the new server. When the databases have been moved and setup the domain will then switch. This domain transfer can take anywhere from 10min to a few hours. People outside the US will have a longer window of downtime as the Internets update with the new data. This will not effect map downloads as they already are on the new server and you have been using them for a few days now.

After the new site is up I will make a new topic with all the details of the upgrade.

Awesome
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so does that mean you have a logo and banner picked out???
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

No this is the move to the new web server so that our website will not blow up any more and so that the services are managed thus reducing work load on me. Also the new server is much much faster and you will see that dynamic content like the forums will load amazingly fast!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    No this is the move to the new web server so that our website will not blow up any more and so that the services are managed thus reducing work load on me. Also the new server is much much faster and you will see that dynamic content like the forums will load amazingly fast!
    I'll just have to wait and see for myself than!

6. Default

Maybe this will help, note that currently we are using Apache and will be using LiteSpeed: http://www.litespeedtech.com/perform...enchmarks.html

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Maybe this will help, note that currently we are using Apache and will be using LiteSpeed: http://www.litespeedtech.com/perform...enchmarks.html

lol another graph I had to look at including the millions at work today.

but it seems pretty fast and now I'm excited

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    lol another graph I had to look at including the millions at work today.

but it seems pretty fast and now I'm excited
    Speed is nice just hope its more stable

9. Default

It is and is also resistant to more advanced forms of DDOS attacks

10. Default

After 6 hours of work and getting no where with a very strange error I have given up for tonight. I will be resurrecting the error over the weekend and we will try to move these dam things again next week.

Sorry for the down time...

As for the error: it lets me loggin but then logs out right away... it does this for the forums and for all the stats but does not do it to sourcebans or to a fresh install of the stats. Therefore it has got to be something wrong with the databases...