Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad and good news if you care

1. Default

i mean a raise is a raise. but its not like 5s and 6s make extraordinary amounts of money. although tax free pay is always nice....

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

tax free pay is awesome, like my GI i believe and tuition

3. Default

Im thinking about joining up to become a navy corpsman in about 6 months. I think its a good fit for what I want to do as a civilian if I decide to leave. Still doing alot of debating on it. Just need to get over the initial gut check I guess and do it.

4. Default

the navy is good.... if you like it up the tailpipe... if you really want the "best" experience for the money, living, and not getting shot or blown up, join the air force (you must be able to withstand ridicule from all the other branches though)...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    the navy is good.... if you like it up the tailpipe... if you really want the "best" experience for the money, living, and not getting shot or blown up, join the air force (you must be able to withstand ridicule from all the other branches though)...
    Yeah I know its not the best, alot of my family has been marines and I would like to be as close to the marines as possible without actually joining them (because being that some of my family have been in the marines I know you get shit after your out) My though process was navy corpsman training then getting out and going to school for free, then taking something decent like OR Tech or something along those lines. Still trying to plan it all out.

THIS IS SOO TRUE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

have fun in the showers xD

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphax View Post
    Yeah I know its not the best, alot of my family has been marines and I would like to be as close to the marines as possible without actually joining them (because being that some of my family have been in the marines I know you get shit after your out) My though process was navy corpsman training then getting out and going to school for free, then taking something decent like OR Tech or something along those lines. Still trying to plan it all out.
    p.s. you have a good mind set for what you would be joining for, like for why i joined .. to set and have a civilian career BUT

think hard about your job for navy, you dont wanna be out on a ship workin in a fucking room 24/7 try and get a deck job as a tech guy

8. Default

im just an Infantry Team Leader atm. hopefully after i get back ill get my SSG.
    Seeing as I'm still a high schooler, with little ties to the Military, how exactly do you choose which position you want? If you don't, how could you preform to make them ask that you take a certain position? (Like a squad leader, or what I want to give a shot, a sniper, I'm not sure which branch to take it, but I don't want navy. I HATE BEACHES.)

9. Default

if you really want the "best" experience for the money, living, and not getting shot or blown up, join the air force (you must be able to withstand ridicule from all the other branches though)...
    Actually not true.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Air force gets deployed there. We have one of the Satellite shops in Aircrew Flight Equipment deployed there now. My co-worker has been there twice and Air force DOES get shot at and we have mortar attacks at our locations. Hell I get to go to Balad next year.

I do not understand why we get the ridicule. Air Force is smarter than all of the other branches and we got the F-16's and the A-10's. I guess they make fun of us because we are not professional bullet stoppers like the marines?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Seeing as I'm still a high schooler, with little ties to the Military, how exactly do you choose which position you want? If you don't, how could you preform to make them ask that you take a certain position? (Like a squad leader, or what I want to give a shot, a sniper, I'm not sure which branch to take it, but I don't want navy. I HATE BEACHES.)
    my best advice to you is to NOT take a Snipe job which would actually just be infantry if im not mistaken, id take a MOS that will benifit your civilian life

but that is just my opinion

if you wanted to know more, i would talk to a friend you know in your area who has a recruiter and then set up a lunch with that recruter and have a note pad full of questions you would like to ask about his branch and others as well

but if you want sniper i would look more into USMC

then agian i am a newbie trying to give you the best advice aAND AND AND if your serious about it.. let me know so i can G-RAP you and give you a grand (;