Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to restart server

1. Arrow How to restart server

I know that some admins have been trying to restart the zm server in the event of the gravity breaking via crashing it. They attempt to crash it by setting the gravity to a negative value. This however does not actually crash it but simply lags it into the next dimension and takes all the other servers with it as it opens up a black hole of doom in the memory, until it runs out and then finally crashes after a significant amount of time.

To alleviate this problem and to allow admins to restart the server when needed please use the following command: ma_rcon _restart
    Code:
    ma_rcon _restart
    The _restart command will crash the server as soon as it is entered. This way it will restart via the auto crash detection immediately. Admins that abuse this power will have rcon powers taken away and or will be perma banned from all servers. The restart command should only be used in a situation where the server physics are broken and map switching nor switching around sv_turbophysics along with other possible cvars does not fix the problem.

2. Default

lets say an admin does decide to abuse this power and a bunch of us admins are on ZM, how do we tell who executed the command?? or do we have to come in here and post about it??
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

I believe ZERO has the logs of all admins and what commands they use.
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I know that some admins have been trying to restart the zm server in the event of the gravity breaking via crashing it. They attempt to crash it by setting the gravity to a negative value. This however does not actually crash it but simply lags it into the next dimension and takes all the other servers with it as it opens up a black hole of doom in the memory, until it runs out and then finally crashes after a significant amount of time.

To alleviate this problem and to allow admins to restart the server when needed please use the following command: ma_rcon _restart
    Code:
    ma_rcon _restart
    The _restart command will crash the server as soon as it is entered. This way it will restart via the auto crash detection immediately. Admins that abuse this power will have rcon powers taken away and or will be perma banned from all servers. The restart command should only be used in a situation where the server physics are broken and map switching nor switching around sv_turbophysics along with other possible cvars does not fix the problem.
    Thanks,Zero

5. Default

GG is going bonkers and I was asked to come into it to restart it. There have been issues all day as I was there earlier.

I tried the ma_rcon_restart command and it would't work. Can you plz rectify this?

Thanks

DED
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    I tried the ma_rcon_restart command and it would't work. Can you plz rectify this?
    Hey dude try this ma_rcon _restart...

7. Default

It's ma_rcon _restart

* Note the space between "ma_rcon" and "_restart"
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    It's ma_rcon _restart

* Note the space between "ma_rcon" and "_restart"
    This is true.

I love you hobo. <33

9. Default

We voted on low grav, and the low grav won't shut off. Tried switching maps and it still did not fix it. Tried entering "sv_gravity 800" but apparently i cant enter an "rcon" command. Please help!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel452 View Post
    We voted on low grav, and the low grav won't shut off. Tried switching maps and it still did not fix it. Tried entering "sv_gravity 800" but apparently i cant enter an "rcon" command. Please help!
    don't fuck w/ gravity. simple? yes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?