Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Environmental Science

1. Unhappy Environmental Science

So my lil sis took her first environmental science class in collage today. She made a comment about Sunspots and her professor said "what is that"

I mean seriously how can we have these people teaching our future generations when they do not even have an understanding of elementary knowledge. On top of that I question how it is possible for a collage professor of Science to not even have any basic understanding of Astronomy 101 and by 101 I mean 8th grade Science when you learn about the solar system.

Now I could understand not remembering what they did but seriously having not a single clue of such a basic part of the solar system! It is like asking your cal teacher what 1+1 is and they said addition is for other math teachers.

2. Default

wow sunspots he really doesn't know they are they should sparta kick him out of that place even i know that

3. Default

Yet they claim there's global warming. With no proof, billions of dollars spend to "prevent" it. I think enviromental scientist are the biggest joke out there. They obviously don't take into account that the sun could have a natural cycle which causes warmer and cooler years to happen.

So it doesn't surprise me that they don't know anything about the sun.

4. Default

Well she apparently has a degree in marine agriculture. Also like 80% of the class laughed there asses off about the sunspots. My sis response was, "really, well if you do not know what they are just forget it".

Today they learned about how great California is! I told my sister to ask next class: "I know as we discussed last class that California has been a leader in Environmentalism and that there state has spent millions to billions to accomplish this; however, is there perhaps any relation to them enacting such legislation and the fact that they are now broke. Are there any examples of states that have enacted good environmental policies that have not collapsed there economies as a result. I believe that studying such states would yield greater reword because policies that are not economically viable especially in today's time are useless."

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Well she apparently has a degree in marine agriculture. Also like 80% of the class laughed there asses off about the sunspots. My sis response was, "really, well if you do not know what they are just forget it".

Today they learned about how great California is! I told my sister to ask next class: "I know as we discussed last class that California has been a leader in Environmentalism and that there state has spent millions to billions to accomplish this; however, is there perhaps any relation to them enacting such legislation and the fact that they are now broke. Are there any examples of states that have enacted good environmental policies that have not collapsed there economies as a result. I believe that studying such states would yield greater reword because policies that are not economically viable especially in today's time are useless."

what he said

6. Default

All I can really say to this:

Pathetic.

I had a similar experience in my art college.

I was always correcting the professors on art terms, and getting into arguments with them and I made them feel incredibly ignorant.

I got kicked out several times.

^^

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

7. Default

lol teachers there more ignorant than us

8. Default

sunspots.... DUH!!!!

they're obviously the best spots to get rays of sunshine to work on your tan at anytime of the year, in rain or snow.

proffesor's need to brush up on their tanning sciences.

9. Default

Here's some advice boys and girls. Anything outside of math and engineering and structural classes in college has to be perceived with CRITICAL THINKING. It's why as a freshman in most colleges they require you to take a critical thinking class. It's your decision to eat up what the professor says or study what he's saying; do good on the exam, and throw away the bullshit you don't want to accept or believe he/she is wrong about.

That's college.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Here's some advice boys and girls. Anything outside of math and engineering and structural classes in college has to be perceived with CRITICAL THINKING. It's why as a freshman in most colleges they require you to take a critical thinking class. It's your decision to eat up what the professor says or study what he's saying; do good on the exam, and throw away the bullshit you don't want to accept or believe he/she is wrong about.

That's college.
    You do know that you can bullshit your way outta college and graduate right ?