Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: World War Z: book

1. Default

i never read the survival guide.

but from what I've heard is that the servival guide is a comedy and, my own opinion, WWZ is a complete turn around. Super Cereal and stuff. Easy read, will not bore you.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TM_Anomal View Post
    The Yonkers part is the best.
    This. I luffed that chapter.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Why would you want to watch House of the Dead?

Horrible, horrible movie.
    I watched the second one. It reminded me of a dream job.. Becoming a zombie hunter.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

The Zombie Hunters Web Comic Average art, slow story line, but a unique zombie world... not a bad read.
    The Different types of Zombies in the webcomic. I really like them.

5. Default

I bought a new copy of World War Z yesterday! Now i can finish it.

6. Default

World War Z is less boring than the Survival Guide. Both are pretty amusing books.

Not sure how they're going to make a movie from the first. Doesn't really have any main characters. It's more like a WW2 book of letters from family, reports from soldiers and journalists.
    Last edited by Mallissin; 10-11-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Book -> Movie

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    World War Z is less boring than the Survival Guide. Both are pretty amusing books.

Not sure how they're going to make a book from the first. Doesn't really have any main characters. It's more like a WW2 book of letters from family, reports from soldiers and journalists.
    yea, the survival guide was boring to me. i read half of it and finally decided to let it go. still havent gotten around to wwz because i have to read goodnight, mr. tom for my english class

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    Not sure how they're going to make a movie from the first.
    Scrubbles and I talked about that.

We think that either they're gonna just pick one story or combine several so they intersect each other.

or, a less likaly version

They're gonna make it into a series of the interviews with the 'flashbacks'.

I'm pretty sure they are going to have the mockumentary element in it too seeing how every third movie these days are like that.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    Scrubbles and I talked about that.

We think that either they're gonna just pick one story or combine several so they intersect each other.

or, a less likaly version

They're gonna make it into a series of the interviews with the 'flashbacks'.

I'm pretty sure they are going to have the mockumentary element in it too seeing how every third movie these days are like that.
    Sounds like you're referring to the second book, YT, but I could be wrong. The survival guide did have a few "real news" stories near the end. I don't think they're enough to make a film out of though.

World War Z on the other hand... now THAT would make for a good/funny movie. I heard Brad Pitt's production company picked up the rights? Can anyone confirm?

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Sounds like you're referring to the second book, YT, but I could be wrong. The survival guide did have a few "real news" stories near the end. I don't think they're enough to make a film out of though.

World War Z on the other hand... now THAT would make for a good/funny movie. I heard Brad Pitt's production company picked up the rights? Can anyone confirm?
    Confirmed. You have it misconstrwed though. I did have some laugh moments but for the most part it was a very "on-edge" book for me. The mood was overall sad for me. I imagine it will be a flashback/interview movie. It was a serious take on a zombie invasion that isn't often a point of view in the horror genre. At least on the popularity scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."