Thread: Layout of New Site

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Lightbulb Layout of New Site

After the success of the banner project I have decided that having more community based projects is a good idea. Therefore, I believe that the best way to make the new website so that everyone in the community loves it is to have everyone in the community help design it. I will still be doing all the programing but I want all of you to, one step at a time, to build the website that you want IBIS to have! The way it will work is that over time I will make threads like this one looking for layouts and then for a theme ideas. When it is all said and done we will have a fully working website!

So here is what you need to know to help out:

• Make an image file of your idea for the new home page.
    • In that image file use colored blocks to represent the location of different material on the page (block details below).
    • Make the page to actual size of the areas.
    • Ensure that the banner space fits out official logo shown below (it is ok to make it smaller/bigger)

Block Details; Each section needs to be represented. Below is a list of the different content sections of the home page please include all of them in your layout:

• Banner
    • Nav
    • Search
    • Articles
    • Latest Forum Posts
    • Server Status
    • Advert Space

Please use the colors listed above so that we know what sections are what.

I would like to thank you all for your support of IBIS Gaming and I hope that together we can build an amazing new website

Attached is an example of my current layout blocked out:
    Last edited by ZERO; 08-23-2009 at 12:32 PM.