Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: inf

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Having admin is about having responsibility and the inability to catch a big head (powertrip) on the servers. Server rules is about common sense. If someone used the N word I wouldn't give them a second chance. That's disrespectful and you have no idea who is on the other side of the computer who might take that offensive. They won't want to play on the server and give you a bad rep.
    Many people give me grief because I'm so uptight about the "n" word. I've banned permanently for it before. Because one buy just didn't get the message that his name was offensive.

Most people don't understand that when you PAY for admin, you DO NOT abuse it to get it taken away. What's the point in that? Pay eleven dollars to piss people off for a day or two and get it revoked? Is it worth it? I don't think so.

People are just ignorant.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties View Post
    Many people give me grief because I'm so uptight about the "n" word. I've banned permanently for it before. Because one buy just didn't get the message that his name was offensive.

Most people don't understand that when you PAY for admin, you DO NOT abuse it to get it taken away. What's the point in that? Pay eleven dollars to piss people off for a day or two and get it revoked? Is it worth it? I don't think so.

People are just ignorant.
    You don't ban perma ban someone for saying the N word. You still don't know the rules yet on what's perma ban and whats a temp ban ?

3. Default

Generally the rules are pretty clear, and I didn't become admin to swing my banhammer (this time). I became admin to be able to choose the maps, have fun, and rcon the server when it bugs out.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    You don't ban perma ban someone for saying the N word. You still don't know the rules yet on what's perma ban and whats a temp ban ?
    The thing is is that I've banned him from day one after numerous warnings to change his name, numerous kicks, and so forth.

I started with the 5 minute ban.

He worked his was up to a permaban over a period of a month for refusal to cooperate and change this name.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

5. Default

The thing is is that I've banned him from day one after numerous warnings to change his name, numerous kicks, and so forth.

I started with the 5 minute ban.

He worked his was up to a permaban over a period of a month for refusal to cooperate and change this name.
    Well if it's an ongoing case then keep giving him 7 days..

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Well if it's an ongoing case then keep giving him 7 days..
    Might as well permaban then.

He's not going to change it.

Besides, it's a done deal already.

7. Default

III. Perma bans

This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.

1) Violation of the following can result in perma ban without a demo. As long as there is substantial witnesses and physical log evidence

Do you have this ?

I.1
    I.3
    II
    V.2.B.c
    IX.3

2) Violation of the following when proved by demo

DO you have this ??

I
    V.2.A
    V.2.B.c

8. Default

Ask Zero about it.

There are plenty of things enforced while they are not written specifically in the rules.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Ask Zero about it.

There are plenty of things enforced while they are not written specifically in the rules.
    NYS just likes to be right.

Let him think he knows what to do in every situation.

Idc anymore.

xD

10. Default

NYS just likes to be right.

Let him think he knows what to do in every situation.

Idc anymore.

xD
    It's not about being right. It's about the violations that deem a permaban. Your violator doesn't have enough grounds for a permaban. Wow you're dense.