Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a zombie plan?

1. Default Do you have a zombie plan?

Do you have a zombie plan? [realistically]

After reading the shotgun zombie thread, i had an hankering to start this up.

"Why do I need a Zombie Plan? That shit's not ever going to happen!" Is what I hear a lot. The Beauty of having a Zombie Plan is not to prepare only against a Zombie invasion, but to prepare against any disaster where wide spread anarchy dominates and normal commerce ends. i.e. nuclear holocoust, plague, alien invasion or robots hostile takeover.

Alot of Zombie Enthusiests, from what I gather, know that the real danger isn't really the zombies. It's your fellow man. Despairation, fear and self preservation will almost always make any person into the greatest threat.

You can barricade yourself, you can arm yourself and you can make it impossible for a (dumb) zombie getting to you; but can you always defend your self from your fellow man with fully functioning higher cognition?

Remember, when making a plan for an unknown event you will probally want to prepare for the worst. Assume the worst. Smart, fast, strong zombies. How smart? lets assume they can use door knobs, elevators and can figure out if the doors, windows are too well barricaded that the walls of the general modern home are very cheaply made and can probally come down with lots of well placed, strong kicks.

What I'd like to see here... keep it realistic, but this is really jsut for fun.

What's your weapon of choice? I know it's been discussed in the shotgun thread, but lets keep it realistic. What would you be able to get access to in your current situation? Keep in mind, other people will probally be thinking the same thing you are and you will be competing against your fellow man for any type of weapon that are sold in stores. Guns need ammunition and melee weapons need your energy to use.

What's your bodily protection? Everyone immediately talks about their weapons, but what do you do to protect yourself. Weapons of every sort have a chance to produce a splatter of blood regardless of the zombie having a pumping heart or not. Would you want to wear a mask to protect your orfices? Would leather overwear help prevent bites?

Where would you barricade yourself? basement, 1st or 2nd lvl of a house, a business location?

Would you want to move yourself once in a while? After food, munitions run out or if there's a sudden influx of people/zombies/raiders. What type of area would you go to? Populated, non-populated, big city, small city?

Big group of people or small group of people?

Ok, I've spent too much time on this. these are all suggestive topics to discuss. I'd like to see other people's plans, debates, etc.

go go go.

2. Default

Dude, anyone who plays ZM and is a regular has a plan. Mines to raid my grandparent's house and my uncle's house, and drive off to the mountains and live off the land.

Weapons of choice... Well, It'd be great if I could get dual glocks with extended clips. That's a total of 80 shots. But realistically, I have a straight blade katana that I know how to use, along with a machette. That would at least get me to my grandparent's house, which has a few weapons.

For clothing/armor, my grandparent's house has plenty of gloves and boots, long pants and thick jackets. They also have masks, sunglasses, etc.

They have plenty of other decent melee weapons I could use at my grandparent's house too, along with a truck and a van. I'd take the van. I probably wouldn't have anyone with me except family, if they're still alive. If I could I'd pick up Hobo, and some other fellow zombie slayers.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 08-25-2009 at 01:27 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

As of right now I would probably take my Mini 14 (.223 rifle) and my Cx4 Storm (40 cal carbine) and head to my work place which is a 5 story building on a hill with only one ladder to the roof. I currently go to the range about twice a month and practice at 150 yards (im about 95% on targets the size of a head) with my mini 14. So I would probably have fun picking them off as they tried to get to me.

Only thing I else I would really need to take with me is a pretty lady and a 6 month supply of MRE's and ammunition and im G2G

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Dude, anyone who plays ZM and is a regular has a plan. Mines to raid my grandparent's house and my uncle's house, and drive off to the mountains and live off the land.

Weapons of choice... Well, It'd be great if I could get dual glocks with extended clips. That's a total of 80 shots. But realistically, I have a straight blade katana that I know how to use, along with a machette. That would at least get me to my grandparent's house, which has a few weapons.

For clothing/armor, my grandparent's house has plenty of gloves and boots, long pants and thick jackets. They also have masks, sunglasses, etc.

They have plenty of other decent melee weapons I could use at my grandparent's house too, along with a truck and a van. I'd take the van. I probably wouldn't have anyone with me except family, if they're still alive. If I could I'd pick up Hobo, and some other fellow zombie slayers.
    don't forget me lol
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

5. Default

Weapons of choice?

Vehicle of choice?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    don't forget me lol
    "If I could I'd pick up Hobo, and some other fellow zombie slayers."

That means you too.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

why all these expensive weapons :| .. just bring a bottle of axe and a lighter...
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

8. Default

Well lets see... if i had to choose...

lets say 1000 rounds for the beretta, 1000 rounds for the g36, add some spikes to the tip of the bat.. and im good...

Maybe break into the local military base and steal some Ration packs
    and other usefull supplies and hit the road with a hybrid vehicle!!

and maybe go and find a nice island in the middle of no where with plentiful vegitation and wild life and live their for the rest of my days playing COD4 over and over and over and over on my solar powered battery pack and computer (which im sure would die in a year).......

Clone
    Attached Images

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Weapons of choice?

Vehicle of choice?

that is a great rifle
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    that is a great rifle
    M14 is probably one of the best choices in a long lasting (probably rugged) survival situation. You start taking a SIG or a AR-15 you better have also packed plenty of CLP or your going to be getting FTF's and then zombie bites