Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Blackberry's are fuckin stupid.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Just cancel the dataplan after the first month. The reason that they might make you get one is because that phone may connect to the internet and update data on its own. As a result if you do not have a data plan it could cost you thousands. When I got my phone years ago, I could have them disable the internet if I did not want a data plan. But this was on Win mobile 4 or 5 and might not be possible anymore.
    iirc you can disable the dataplan for blackberrys. AT&T makes the iPhone data plan mandatory. No big deal to me. I use the hell out of it since I have to. I'm fact, I'm in a verizon store on my iPhone. Lol.

2. Default

You can't cancel the dataplan. My dad tried doing it for his Palm. I laughed. I told him straight up pay the price for wanting the convenience on your phone.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    lol RES, I've had the first gen iPhone, the 3G iPhone and now have the 32GB 3GS.

I've had one since the first day they came out.

that's my personal phone but for work I choose to use a PALM Treo PRO.

I have to be reachable at all times and that includes email, IM's and text's.

corporate life is rough man.
    Want a hug ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    Want a hug ?
    how about some boobs with that hug?

5. Default

res if you only promise to put on fake tits, than you can hug me.

T-Mobile is the only carrier I know of that you can use a smartphone on their network with out having to pay for a data plan. I have to have one for the iphone on AT&T, they won't let me have just a phone with it. but an interesting fact I found out about AT&T, if your legally deaf, they can sell you the iphone for a lower amount with only the data plan. so you could get an iPhone cheaper and only 40 bucks a month but you have to be legally deaf lol.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    res if you only promise to put on fake tits, than you can hug me.

T-Mobile is the only carrier I know of that you can use a smartphone on their network with out having to pay for a data plan. I have to have one for the iphone on AT&T, they won't let me have just a phone with it. but an interesting fact I found out about AT&T, if your legally deaf, they can sell you the iphone for a lower amount with only the data plan. so you could get an iPhone cheaper and only 40 bucks a month but you have to be legally deaf lol.
    *puts air horn directly up to ear*

Are you sure ?

7. Default

You dont need a data plan for verizon smart phones, its just a deal between blackberry and verizon. My XV6800 was the highest end smart phone you could buy and it didnt require a data plan. I only had texting and calling. I liked the storm for the 5 min i used it to try and activate it.

And if you deactivate the plan after the first month it will totally turn off the whole phone.
    -MBP

8. Default

Starting in December Verizon will require all smartphones to have a dataplan. Consider that insider information.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Starting in December Verizon will require all smartphones to have a dataplan. Consider that insider information.
    I'm guessing this is related to the LTE rollout they're doing? I heard they're going to use Vodaphone's strategy of sending long distance calls over VOIP using LTE to save costs.

LTE is a GSM technology for data transmission.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    And if you deactivate the plan after the first month it will totally turn off the whole phone.
    Yah, same issue with the Pearl I had, which was the real reason I bought a new phone.

Look's like even the iPhone isn't safe.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2009/08/2...l-smartphones/