Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: finding work sucks

1. Default

Yea, I would suggest the same thing: MP (military police). A lot of them end up as federal agents.

Live or die, make your choice.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Actually you're wrong. College Education on that particular field is where you'll have a better chance. Yes, joining the military will pay for it but some people would prefer not to choose that route.
    actually C.O. they'll trade you badge for badge to be a fed if you're an MP first, it's a pretty good path to take.

3. Default

Here. I'll make it easier for you guys. EITHER is acceptable. However, the degree will make a difference in how much you get paid considering there is different pay grades 5 being the lowest I think with a bachelors then moves up to 6 with master and 7 with doctorate. The difference is the FBI is starting to look for people with degrees in engineering, computer science, accounting etc to boost up for computer crimes and white collar crimes.

However, my cousins husbands best friend told me my best bet of getting a job in the FBI without going through bullshit with the military is the degree, but the wait can last as long as 3 years before you get a job. When you get that job you have no preference to where you want to work. So if you get placed in Puerto Rico or Alaska or Texas, thats exactly where your going buddy.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    actually C.O. they'll trade you badge for badge to be a fed if you're an MP first, it's a pretty good path to take.
    That's hot !

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Here. I'll make it easier for you guys. EITHER is acceptable. However, the degree will make a difference in how much you get paid considering there is different pay grades 5 being the lowest I think with a bachelors then moves up to 6 with master and 7 with doctorate. The difference is the FBI is starting to look for people with degrees in engineering, computer science, accounting etc to boost up for computer crimes and white collar crimes.

However, my cousins husbands best friend told me my best bet of getting a job in the FBI without going through bullshit with the military is the degree, but the wait can last as long as 3 years before you get a job. When you get that job you have no preference to where you want to work. So if you get placed in Puerto Rico or Alaska or Texas, thats exactly where your going buddy.
    My cousin's husband is in the FBI. He can take his firearms anywhere in the world. I'm so jealous.
    Last edited by -=NYS=- C.O.; 09-07-2009 at 01:40 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    My cousin's husband is in the FBI. He cant take his firearms anywhere in the world. I'm so jealous.
    NYS; are they hiring any female CO's? Do they administer tests just like the NYPD does? If so, I am interested.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    NYS; are they hiring any female CO's? Do they administer tests just like the NYPD does? If so, I am interested.
    Due to the Equal Opportunity Act.....yes they do hire female COs. Female COs work in both male and female correctional facilities..
    I work for the state which is more laid back as opposed to city (Rikers). They get assaulted and disrespected alot by inmates all the time. State is totally different...let them dare disrespect a state CO and they will have broken ribs and stuck in the hole with no hourly rec time.

So which would you prefer ? LOL

8. Default

i don't care. i'm a tough girl lol

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

What's your degree in, Loka?

Military does seem like the fastest path to a federal law enforcement job, also guaranteeing you a paycheck/lodging/meals while training. You won't necessarily have that guarantee with a local police job.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8103354AACQ3W2

Also, looks like MPs get Officer Basic Course as part of training on top of Boot camp?

http://www.usmilitary.com/2413/marin...olice-officer/

10. Default

Criminal Justice. I'm just gonna join. I have nothing to lose to be honest.

มวยไทย