Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: finding work sucks

1. Default finding work sucks

I guess I'm being a whiner. Seriously though. When I graduated this year from college I expected to have a hard time finding a job. This however BLOWS. I want to be a police officer. Actually my goal is a Federal Agent, but I have always learned connections and being patient is key for law enforcement jobs.

With that said. What gives? NYPD won't take any new recruits until September and when I call them in September I better hear "we're taking for a new cadet class" cause being broke and unemployed is not glamorous.

2. Default

lol doesn't everyone QQ about this at this time

3. Default

I don't .. i have a ginormous savings account... all those year of having no consoles and haven't legitly bought a single game does add up ALOT
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

4. Default

You'll get there. I have faith in you.

<33

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

5. Default

Good luck Loka.

I want to be a police officer eventually. But my plans got sidetracked. I need to finish one more course at my college to receive my diploma.

In the meantime, getting a job is not easy. Hopefully when students go back in September some positions will open up.

Plans for the USMC are on delay at the moment.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    I guess I'm being a whiner. Seriously though. When I graduated this year from college I expected to have a hard time finding a job. This however BLOWS. I want to be a police officer. Actually my goal is a Federal Agent, but I have always learned connections and being patient is key for law enforcement jobs.

With that said. What gives? NYPD won't take any new recruits until September and when I call them in September I better hear "we're taking for a new cadet class" cause being broke and unemployed is not glamorous.
    The next NYPD test will be for October. Heres a link.

http://mynypd.hodes.com/NYPD_ExamOverview.aspx

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    The next NYPD test will be for October. Heres a link.

http://mynypd.hodes.com/NYPD_ExamOverview.aspx

Thanks NYS. I did already take the exam though. They had called me up within weeks to start cadet school, but I had to put a retention on my file so I could finish up my bachelors. When I called in July to open up my file they told me to call back in September cause apparently thats when they will be recruiting for a new cadet class.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Thanks NYS. I did already take the exam though. They had called me up within weeks to start cadet school, but I had to put a retention on my file so I could finish up my bachelors. When I called in July to open up my file they told me to call back in September cause apparently thats when they will be recruiting for a new cadet class.
    Ok cool ! I know someone that's gonna take the Oct exam. I've been helping her out at the Shooting Range and also giving her a heads up to prepare mentally and physically for the job.
    Dealing with lowlife scum on a daily basis can and will change you. Good Luck !

join the military and become a MP. that will rasie any chance at a federal agent position and you get paid alot of money (=

you looking for federal field work? or like desk job?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    join the military and become a MP. that will rasie any chance at a federal agent position and you get paid alot of money (=

you looking for federal field work? or like desk job?
    Actually you're wrong. College Education on that particular field is where you'll have a better chance. Yes, joining the military will pay for it but some people would prefer not to choose that route.