Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Punishment Park (Film)

1. Default

Not for nothing, but there is police brutality. I've been warned by local and state police officers to watch for "rogue" cops. They are there. I don't care what you try to defend. I stand by the thin blue line, but some of the actions certain police officers make are disturbing.

When I did an internship at my local PD, one particular P.O. hated minorities. I live in town where the average income of the household stands at 100k+ with a minority of about 90% white 10% other. I am Puerto Rican so I fit in that 10%. This one P.O. bitched to me for an hour how Hispanics are lazy, he pulls over Black/Hispanic drivers that come into the town because he feels they don't belong in this rich town and they will drive down the town. Racial profiling is just as bad, and fits with police brutality. Well, I told that certain P.O. that not every minority thinks police officers are scum of the Earth. He called me a no good punk. Apparently the Sgt. heard him and he got suspended without pay while they investigated him.

He had a history of abusing his powers, and when the Sgt. told me about it he asked me if he made any racial/sexist comments to me. Because I stand by that blue line I said no. They all ignore it, but this guy was a dick. Since then I heard he works security. So to each his own and their own discretion of how to treat a person.

Anex, police brutality is touchy with anyone in law enforcement. I wrote a paper on the Rodney King case for my police supervision class, and its tough, but most good police officers will agree it happens. But it's part of the job whether to live or die in risky situations.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Not for nothing, but there is police brutality. I've been warned by local and state police officers to watch for "rogue" cops. They are there. I don't care what you try to defend. I stand by the thin blue line, but some of the actions certain police officers make are disturbing.

When I did an internship at my local PD, one particular P.O. hated minorities. I live in town where the average income of the household stands at 100k+ with a minority of about 90% white 10% other. I am Puerto Rican so I fit in that 10%. This one P.O. bitched to me for an hour how Hispanics are lazy, he pulls over Black/Hispanic drivers that come into the town because he feels they don't belong in this rich town and they will drive down the town. Racial profiling is just as bad, and fits with police brutality. Well, I told that certain P.O. that not every minority thinks police officers are scum of the Earth. He called me a no good punk. Apparently the Sgt. heard him and he got suspended without pay while they investigated him.

He had a history of abusing his powers, and when the Sgt. told me about it he asked me if he made any racial/sexist comments to me. Because I stand by that blue line I said no. They all ignore it, but this guy was a dick. Since then I heard he works security. So to each his own and their own discretion of how to treat a person.

Anex, police brutality is touchy with anyone in law enforcement. I wrote a paper on the Rodney King case for my police supervision class, and its tough, but most good police officers will agree it happens. But it's part of the job whether to live or die in risky situations.
    You're right in some sense. There are bad apples in every job. That doesn't make the right to condemn the whole force.
    I too am a minority but I do appear to look white. I surprised my colleagues at work when I transferred over to my home facility in staten island. They had no idea I was hispanic. Did they change their views on me ? Not at all. I guess I showed in the beginning that I'm not some lazy bastard complaining on people getting better jobs than me. I was given a job at a particular post and never complained.
    As for those results....I get to work in my favorite part of the facility. THE BOX !

Does racism still exist ? You betcha, but it exists everywhere. Does Police Brutality exist ? If u wanna point out at a few..now im stressing few because there are 10000000's of law enforcement officers in the nation. Try and sum up a ratio to that.
    If you as a person would like to condemn law enforcement due to some very few bad apples.
    Guess what. GO fuck yourself.

3. Default

I'm not condemning law enforcement. Like I said it happens. Those apples shine through like a bald guys head. I just don't appreciate those bad apples making a name for the entire police force. (but we both know media/public reaction will always be the stigma on how they view a few bad apples to all the brave men and women who risk their lives to protect and serve the right way)

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    I'm not condemning law enforcement. Like I said it happens. Those apples shine through like a bald guys head. I just don't appreciate those bad apples making a name for the entire police force. (but we both know media/public reaction will always be the stigma on how they view a few bad apples to all the brave men and women who risk their lives to protect and serve the right way)
    I didn't say you were. I agree with you all the way.

5. Default

lol sorry. i'm sleepy

มวยไทย

6. Default

I <3 Super Troopers.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I <3 Super Troopers.
    can i slap you with a cookie plz?

มวยไทย

8. Default

Alright NYS lets go back through the posts that we have both written. Lets do a recap since you fucking fail at reading and understanding.

First of all let me say that the point of this thread was
    1. Americans turning on each other for believing in different ideal
    2. People being discriminated against for their opinions.
    3. Police and Military using the excuse "I felt my life was in danger" to be overly aggressive with innocent unarmed citizens.
    4. Our rights in this country are being slowly taken away from us.

(Had to clarify because NYS has the reading level of a first grader)

You say there is no police brutality.

I show examples of it.

You try to defend the "bad apples" by saying this is what happens when you don't comply. (Condoning Police State ideals.) You then insult me by calling me liberal scum.

I try to point out that it doesn't give that officer the right to be overly aggressive with that individual.

You try to defend basically saying that if you wear the uniform for plus years that gives you the right to trample on citizens humans rights, then another insult.

I then say risking your life or not that doesn't give you the right to do what a lot of cops do.

Then you just hurl insults and try to discredit me because I drink on the weekends.

NYS you fail at reading and comprehending. You missed the whole entire POINT of what I was trying to say. When I bring up points you just sit there and insult me. That's what a child does. How about this, you start using logical rebuttals and get on the interesting topic that this thread was supposed to be about.

EDIT: @ Loka

There are good cops out there and I love law enforcement when they do their job. Its not an easy job especially in the west with all the gangs. Ill say this, if their lives are in danger and the person they are after has a gun then that's probable reason for hostility. However there becomes a point in which at peaceful protests and other various situations that cops use that "live or die" excuse to be abusive. When politics intervene and police are asked to do unconstitutional things.

"But it's part of the job whether to live or die in risky situations"

All of the examples that I have showed, none of those cops lives where in Jeopardy.
    Last edited by anex; 09-08-2009 at 02:37 PM.

9. Default

Hey Anex, you think 9/11 was an inside job?

Seriously though, there are cops that are brutal. Would you like to dedicate a documentary to show people that the Pope is Catholic too?

10. Default

I think if you pick up a history book and read about the Nazis, Communism in Russia and China, you could guess my position on the subject. History repeats itself.

Hey dude guess whats going on this weekend in Germany? There is a 9/11 truth movement here and they are conducting a protest outside the United States embassy here. You know that the majority of other countries think 9/11 was an inside job? You know why? Because the same shit happened in their countries 60 to 70 years ago.

Christmas you need to stop watching Bill Oreilly and Sean Hannity. :[