Thread: ZM Mapping & Testing Questions.

1. Question ZM Mapping & Testing Questions.

I apologize for all teh questions I've been asking lately, but i've tried to look for these for the past few days and have come up empty. Google fails me.

I'm just goign to list them, and answer or ignore them if you want.

-What steam tools exactly do I have to DL to make maps? Theres 'Source SDK' 'Source SDK Dedicated Server' 'Source SDK Base'. Do I need all of them or just a few of them to make maps?

-Do I have to download and install Zombie Mod to be able to test them properly once the map is made? Same question if I'm just downloading maps and are testing them myself.

-Parachutes. Are they a downloaded mod or is there a console comand to activate it?

thank you for your time.

2. Default

Install Source SDK and Source SDK Base.

Hammer should install with the first.

You can load maps to test on your own machine using "Create server" on the main menu. Don't necessarily need Zombie Mod installed, and yes Parachutes is an extra mod.

You'd have to install both into your client if you wanted to test them both on a map, but it's really not necessary.

If you want to test jumper or parachute, just turn the gravity down.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    I apologize for all teh questions I've been asking lately, but i've tried to look for these for the past few days and have come up empty. Google fails me.

I'm just goign to list them, and answer or ignore them if you want.

-What steam tools exactly do I have to DL to make maps? Theres 'Source SDK' 'Source SDK Dedicated Server' 'Source SDK Base'. Do I need all of them or just a few of them to make maps?

-Do I have to download and install Zombie Mod to be able to test them properly once the map is made? Same question if I'm just downloading maps and are testing them myself.

-Parachutes. Are they a downloaded mod or is there a console comand to activate it?

thank you for your time.
    i already told you source SDK/source SDK base, Mallissin just repeated what i said on your earlier thread
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-Sonic View Post
    i already told you source SDK/source SDK base, Mallissin just repeated what i said on your earlier thread
    yes. I realize that now. but the other thread was unclear with which SDK programs to install. Here, it's nice and neat, stating exactly which ones are needed.

But I should have posted in the other thread instead of creating another one.

besides, everything you write looks better when Mallissin aka. "MALL" writes it. I dunno, theres just this sex appeal....