Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ZM Music Download

1. Default New ZM Music Download

Anyway to setup the music on a fast download source?

Taking me a good 8-10 minutes to download the new BZ2's.

2. Default

It took me 5 minutes. But that isn't too long.

Edit: I have an idea.. I'm going to place a bunch of my own music into the slow/fast categories in the zmambient music file, and see if any of them work.

Another thing, the HL2 music still plays.

Edit2: Nope, doesn't work.

Too bad the server can't just tell our computers when to play what kind of music, and it plays independently of the server.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 09-16-2009 at 04:45 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

How slow are your connections! When I tested it I had a timer however I only counted the actual DL time as extraction is too fast to count on my computer. Are you guys counting the actual dl time or the time it took you to change maps. There are 3 factors that affect dl speeds: bandwidth, HDD speed, CPU speed. Files are dl as compressed bzip2 files and saved in a temp directory on your HDD, after all the files are saved they are then extracted and saved in the correct directory automatically. On my old computer it would take just as long to extract as it did to actually dl however 5min for a dl time still seams way off.

To put it into perspective for me to upload the uncompressed files it was 8-10min!

4. Default

How many sounds are needed for ZM?

I can think of one, maybe two.

It took me about 3 minutes to download on DSL
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

Over here in germany IT TOOK ME MORE THAN AN HOUR! I was pissed.

7. Default

i have a shitty connection took me 30-45 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

8. Default

wow how big is the music file zero...

Live or die, make your choice.

9. Default

I have a 5/5 chunk of a communal T3 that allows me to burst up to 42 Mbits during certain times of day (mostly daytime and after midnight). I tried downloading while the burst was in effect and it took around 10 minutes.

Edit note: On previous tracerts, I was getting only three hops to the server, but now I'm getting 7. Softlayer changed something with their DC routing recently it seems.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    I have a 5/5 chunk of a communal T3 that allows me to burst up to 42 Mbits during certain times of day (mostly daytime and after midnight). I tried downloading while the burst was in effect and it took around 10 minutes.
    love the avatar....

but i don't see how it takes people long.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.