View Poll Results: ban the use of pump Shotguns in vents and crawlspaces?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ban the use of the pump shotgun in vents and crawlspaces

2 5.71%
  • Ban the use of all shotguns in vents and crawlspaces

4 11.43%
  • ban the use of shotguns all together

0 0%
  • indifferent.

29 82.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ban the use of pump Shotguns in vents and crawlspaces?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    It's called "fair gameplay," Mallissin. I.e., balance.
    If you don't know how to zombie train that is your own problem.

2. Default

Shotguns can usually be trained pretty easily. If your going to ban them, you might as well ban the para.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Shotguns can usually be trained pretty easily. If your going to ban them, you might as well ban the para.
    Bingo. Para plus shotgun in a tube or vent is virtually unstoppable.

4. Default

Its fair imo... I would vote wtf who made this poll.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

5. Default

the pump shotgun does incredible damage to anyone trying to get close, as much as an awp shot to the head, which is why I think its an unfair weapon, I mean a shitload of damage AND you get knocked back 50 feet just seems unfair.

If the regen rate of the zombies was increased so that you wound't be knocked out of action for essentally the whole round if you valued your life and the kickback of the pump was reduced I wouldn't have any issues with it, but even with a two man ztrain its impossible to get at them if they have a pump shotgun.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    the pump shotgun does incredible damage to anyone trying to get close, as much as an awp shot to the head, which is why I think its an unfair weapon, I mean a shitload of damage AND you get knocked back 50 feet just seems unfair.

If the regen rate of the zombies was increased so that you wound't be knocked out of action for essentally the whole round if you valued your life and the kickback of the pump was reduced I wouldn't have any issues with it, but even with a two man ztrain its impossible to get at them if they have a pump shotgun.
    No it's not.

7. Default

Last night on Winter Complex there was someone in the tube with a pump shotgun, I was able to run and parachute/glide in and nearly tag him twice, but after I missed (because it was late, and I was tried) he started to prefire, and I had too low of hp to try it again. But I know I can get them, because I have before.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

I don't see why that would be necessary. I can already destroy in a crawlspace with a tmp. if anything i've found pump shotties to be more fail than other guns esp with a z train, since you don't do damage to the people behind the 1st guy. (yes the 1st guy will probably die, but if coordinated properly they can be easily rolled...Now that's fucking teamwork...)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I just got to thinking that its just kind of super cheap that a pump shotgun in a vent or crawlspace can launch a zombie 50 feet back and with a bunch of people backing the shotguners up with m249s theres really no way to get at them.

if it was just guys with m249s you can get atleast get at them when they reload so why not just ban the use of that particular shotgun in crawlspaces but not the auto since it doesn't knock them back that far and cause that much damage.
    Kavinsky I understand your frustration but at the same time you have to pick your weapon and get to that vent/crawlspace before you get tagged and then hope that one of your teammates doesn't become one.

And if you good at zm chances are your not going to get turned and have to fight in the vents/crawlspace. Banning a specific weapon and area would be impossible to enforce just like fast on escape maps.

If you have a real problem with it why don't you try asking to limit ammo on weapons that are almost impossible to cade with like shotguns

10. Default

personally I'd just like the pump shotgun to be restricted like the awp and autosnipers for the same reason they are, it just does too much damage and breaks up gameplay.

its not a challenge going up aganst someone with a pump shotgun its a matter of stupidity and luck unlike all the other guns in zmod.