Thread: How to DEMO!!!

1. Default How to DEMO!!!

Okay, lately there has been occasions where someone in the room yells out on their mic "soandso is hacking!!!" As an Admin, this ruins the whole opportunity to catch the hacker! So here is a nice little tutorial to teach you guys how to demo players without having to yell at an admin.
    When you think you have a hacker go into console and type: "record filename.dem".

to stop recording type: "stop"

before you stop be sure to type: "sb_status" This is important if you want his steam account to be banned!!!!

thats all there is too it, to watch the demo type: "play filename.dem"

to slow it down and rewind it; while watching the demo press shift+F2

to find out if he is wall hacking type: "r_drawothermodels 2" This will show players behind walls as if you are wall hacking!

Once you have ONE; not thirty, ONE nice long demo of the hacker in question submit it in the forums under "Ban Request", be sure to follow the format for the submission!

Please refer to this before just yelling out in the server that there is a hacker!! If you don't want to record you can private talk to all admins in the server by pressing "y" to bring up chat and the type; "@@ text" be sure you leave a space between the @@ or it will be displayed in regular chat where everyone can view!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns please post!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."
    Sincerely,
    Loud Mute

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by =|Loud Mute|= View Post
    Okay, lately there has been occasions where someone in the room yells out on their mic "soandso is hacking!!!" As an Admin, this ruins the whole opportunity to catch the hacker! So here is a nice little tutorial to teach you guys how to demo players without having to yell at an admin.
    When you think you have a hacker go into console and type: "record filename.dem".

to stop recording type: "stop"

before you stop be sure to type: "sb_status" This is important if you want his steam account to be banned!!!!

thats all there is too it, to watch the demo type: "play filename.dem"

to slow it down and rewind it; while watching the demo press shift+F2

to find out if he is wall hacking type: "r_drawothermodels 2" This will show players behind walls as if you are wall hacking!

Once you have ONE; not thirty, ONE nice long demo of the hacker in question submit it in the forums under "Ban Request", be sure to follow the format for the submission!

Please refer to this before just yelling out in the server that there is a hacker!! If you don't want to record you can private talk to all admins in the server by pressing "y" to bring up chat and the type; "@@ text" be sure you leave a space between the @@ or it will be displayed in regular chat where everyone can view!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns please post!
    ok 1. you can do shift + f2

and 2. you can do chat and @ "text" so like @ hey walter
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

3. Default

I found a great program for recording videos in .avi format.

It's called Wegame.

Could use it for all sorts of things, and it's somewhat easier and better than demoing, since it records everything onscreen.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

I had questions that I put here, but got answered in another thread.

Where demo's get saved and how to play them.

Here's the Thread
    Last edited by yours' truely; 10-10-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: got my Q's answered.