Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 9/11 story

1. Default

I was 16. 11th grade study hall in the cafeteria. They popped the TV's on. Everyone in that study hall was allowed to stay there and watch, or go home.

That was one FUCKED up day, no doubt. I don't remember too much of that day, except for stoppin in church with the fam, and runnin over to the gf's house at the time, who had an uncle or aunt or cousin who passed on, that day.

I Seen It In Front Of Me With My Own Eyes.... LITERALLY!!!!!!! Omg I Can't Talk About It, I'm Sorry
    Last edited by ImGonnaGetCha; 09-11-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/sillylilcutie/imgonnagetchasigcopy.jpg
    Every @-}---- Has Its Thorn

3. Default

I was in 3rd grade in an art class it was on tv. I didn't understand what was going on. I just remember getting taken out of school by my father and him trying to tell me that democrats crash airplanes into buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

4. Default

I personally watched them go down from Staten Island. I went into shock . I would have never thought they would have came down like that. It was pure chaos in New York City that day. It was a sad day indeed.

5. Default

i was at home getting ready for pre-school so yes. a 4 year old waking up at 6 am i know right? but this happen 7 am where i live *central time* and i saw it live. so i was to young to understand but now i realize what happen and it is a real tragedy
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

6. Default

Weren't they talking about rebuilding the towers even higher?

I don't remember it happening, but I know it did. Never really did have a good memory.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Weren't they talking about rebuilding the towers even higher?

I don't remember it happening, but I know it did. Never really did have a good memory.
    It was probably in some speech.

I know they are still in the process of rebuilding the complex, because not one building in the Trade Center was standing afterward.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    It was probably in some speech.

I know they are still in the process of rebuilding the complex, because not one building in the Trade Center was standing afterward.
    actually it was on the news today, the main building already is being built, they have the first 3 floors done already and the projection date for completion is 2014.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

I just remember being 12 at the time in my science class with ms dodge who had just come back from kemotherapy (she died a year latter during my first year of high school, we had already lost our vietnam vet history teacher mr santos to a heart attack that year) and seeing the vid of it on the news thinking it looked like a bit from a movie

after watching the investigation of it that night and the shots of logan airport (where one of the planes came from) I remembered reading the CIA are 99% sure it was the taliban I lost interest, it was all about 911 for the rest of the month even after they'd figured out who did it so natuarally being 12 I just wanted them to go back to regular tv.

and after I latter learned that the CIA knew about these terror cells, were watching them and didn't do a fucking thing to stop them the first line of thought that came into my head was:
    YOU KNEW THEY WERE UP TO SOMETHING BAD AND YOU DIDN"T STOP THEM BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T SURE WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO?
    A THOUSAND PEOPLE JUST LOST THERE LIVES BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING STUPIDITY!!!! JESUS FUCKIGN CHRIST SO MUCH FOR TRUSING THE GOVERMENT WITH YOUR SAFTEY

ever since then I have been verry critical about the war on terror and everything they've done since then.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    and after I latter learned that the CIA knew about these terror cells, were watching them and didn't do a fucking thing to stop them the first line of thought that came into my head was:
    YOU KNEW THEY WERE UP TO SOMETHING BAD AND YOU DIDN"T STOP THEM BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T SURE WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO?
    A THOUSAND PEOPLE JUST LOST THERE LIVES BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING STUPIDITY!!!! JESUS FUCKIGN CHRIST SO MUCH FOR TRUSING THE GOVERMENT WITH YOUR SAFTEY
    Out of curiosity, what do you think they could have done to stop the hijacking?

Seriously, you act like they could have prevented it, but that is complete bullshit.

You can't dedicate an organization to hound a specific group of people and have someone ready to stop them at all times just because it is suspicious that they may do something somehow someday. Until 9/11 no one had ever used commercial airliners as a weapon, so there is no fucking way that the CIA could have known or taken steps to prevent that from happening.
    Last edited by Christmas; 09-12-2009 at 11:02 AM.