Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 9/11 story

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you think they could have done to stop the hijacking?

Seriously, you act like they could have prevented it, but that is complete bullshit.

You can't dedicate an organization to hound a specific group of people and have someone ready to stop them at all times just because it is suspicious that they may do something somehow someday. Until 9/11 no one had ever used commercial airliners as a weapon, so there is no fucking way that the CIA could have known or taken steps to prevent that from happening.
    actually the CIA couldn't have stop them but the actual pilot could have stopped them. I don't know if anyone remembers but there was a couple pilots pushing for some sort of distress/kill switch on airliners to be used in the event of a high jacking. the kill switch would shut down all electric equipment and only allowed the airplane to basically glide at that point.

if you google it you might still find the articles about it, but I'm saying if the pilots had that, they could have prevented it or at least kept the planes from being used as a weapon.

but that's just my input on your question to kavinsky christmas!!!
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

2. Default

i was on my way to 2nd period. my friend was like dude we r getting attacked, and i was all like wtf are you talking about. i got into class and it was on tv, we watched it until they fell. some messed up stuff.

3. Default

Actually it was the American people who wanted them rebuilt the government wanted to create a bunch of other stuff and then special interest jumped into the mix and then 8 years later we have not really done anything. Also with the way things are today we probably can not build things that high anymore becuase if they fall a bird might get killed and therefore it is not safe to make large buildings that have the possibility to endanger birds and other animals that might not be able to escape.

As far as kill switches go it might be a good idea to have one that turns control over to the ground. When switched it puts the plain on auto until it gets a remote connection that allows a ground operator to safely land it. This way the plain can not get hacked into as it has to allow the connection on its end via the switch and it also makes it so it has the possibility of a safe landing.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    actually the CIA couldn't have stop them but the actual pilot could have stopped them. I don't know if anyone remembers but there was a couple pilots pushing for some sort of distress/kill switch on airliners to be used in the event of a high jacking. the kill switch would shut down all electric equipment and only allowed the airplane to basically glide at that point.

if you google it you might still find the articles about it, but I'm saying if the pilots had that, they could have prevented it or at least kept the planes from being used as a weapon.

but that's just my input on your question to kavinsky christmas!!!
    Possibly, but the problem is that everything we are talking about now is in hindsight.

9/11 was the first time in the history of air travel that a commercial airliner has been used as a missile. No one could have predicted this and unfortunately many steps to prevent such an event (such as profiling or stricter security) from happening would be considered either infringement on people's freedoms or too much money to actually run.

It is a tragedy, but the fact is that 19 men run by a terrorist organization took arguably the most powerful country by surprise and changed it forever. The US has no one to blame but the organization behind it.

5. Default

The US has no one to blame but the organization behind it.
    Um what? What motivated the terrorists to attack the United States? Oh please don't tell me its because they hate our freedom?! NNOOO our precious freedoms... well whats left of em anyways since the patriot act. I'm not going to buy the excuse where a terrorists wakes up one day and says, "You know I really think I would like to bomb America today!"

Imperialism, changing the worlds opinion of America since the early 1900's.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

BTW I was in the 8th grade when it happened. Sitting in my History class. My teacher said I will remember where I was on that day, and its true. I didn't forget.
    Last edited by anex; 09-12-2009 at 09:11 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    I was in 3rd grade in an art class it was on tv. I didn't understand what was going on. I just remember getting taken out of school by my father and him trying to tell me that democrats crash airplanes into buildings.
    Wow are you serious ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Um what? What motivated the terrorists to attack the United States? Oh please don't tell me its because they hate our freedom?! NNOOO our precious freedoms... well whats left of em anyways since the patriot act. I'm not going to buy the excuse where a terrorists wakes up one day and says, "You know I really think I would like to bomb America today!"
    In a way, yes they hate our freedoms. It is called a secular society, where women are allowed to hold positions of power, hold jobs, and be independant. Where the media allows you to speak your mind about the issues you want to discuss. There are shows for many different demographics, where abortion is legal, where Jews, Christians, and Muslims can live in the same country with the same rights. Of course those who live in an extremist society would hate that Americans don't follow the same ideals as them. That Americans don't force women to wear garb covering their entire body, and don't charge a woman with a crime for being raped. Do you know anything about the history of Muslim extremism, or are you too blinded by anti-conservative propaganda that you think every problem in the world is the United States' fault?

And I never said they woke up one day and decided to attack the US. The US has been an enemy of Muslim extremism since after the cold war. Remember the 1993 bombings? This was planned over many years, simply because we as Americans had military forces in their country and the fact that the United States is a state which is satanic and anti-Muslim in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Imperialism, changing the worlds opinion of America since the early 1900's.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    No shit it was planned.

8. Default

hey where is that guy anyway? havent heard much about him since 2001?

oh and something interesting to watch is "loose change volume 2." youtube it or googlevideo.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    hey where is that guy anyway? havent heard much about him since 2001?

oh and something interesting to watch is "loose change volume 2." youtube it or googlevideo.
    Since 2001? Do you live under a rock?

Also, all the loose change videos are bunk. Check out "Screw Loose Change" 2 and it completely trashes any argument they have.

Seriously, if you quote Loose Change as an adequate source, your credibility is shot. I didn't even realize that people still believed that tripe.

10. Default

Since 2001? Do you live under a rock?

Also, all the loose change videos are bunk. Check out "Screw Loose Change" 2 and it completely trashes any argument they have.

Seriously, if you quote Loose Change as an adequate source, your credibility is shot. I didn't even realize that people still believed that tripe.
    until lost his creditbility as soon as he enter the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.