Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 9/11 story

1. Default Your 9/11 story

Where were you on 9/11? How old were you? What do you remember when the Twin Towers fell?

I thought that it would be interesting to see where everyone was during this tragedy. Get different perspectives.

I was in the 5th grade and the whole school was watching it on tv. I thought the worst part was when the planes hit. I was really too young to understand. It seems a lot worse to me now and the fact that two huge buildings like that fell is catastrophic. It scares me. It seems worse now than it did then. Today is also my best friends birthday.
    Last edited by XxMastagunzxX; 09-11-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

i was in middle school. 6th grade im pretty sure. but we were all pulled into our classrooms and they told us not to turn on the TVs and we didnt change classes for the rest of the day. i found out when i got home and it was pretty horrible to see. it still makes me angry thinking back on it with all the innocent people who were lost...

how about you christmas?

**edit** @masta:i dont see why that was brought up. i have a different opinion on the subject but i still have the same feelings you do about the losses we had on that day. we all have our opinions on the subject. and i changed it to 9/11mayhavebeenaninsidejob to be fair.
    Last edited by uuntiltheendd; 09-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

^^^ He was playing in the server earlier under the name 9/11wasaninsidejob
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

5. Default

I was at early morning football practice and it was my sophomore year of HS. when we heard of a plane hitting one of the world trade centers. The entire school was told to go home that day and I watched it all from CNN that day with a bunch of my teammates.

if you guys ever get the chance, go visit the site. It will change opinions entirely.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I was at early morning football practice and it was my sophomore year of HS. when we heard of a plane hitting one of the world trade centers. The entire school was told to go home that day and I watched it all from CNN that day with a bunch of my teammates.

if you guys ever get the chance, go visit the site. It will change opinions entirely.
    I saw it
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

7. Default

Senior year in high school. 16 years old. First period Senior English Lit class. Health teacher next door screamed "their bombing us" we turn on the TV. We were upset. The fact that we live next to an Air Force Base made things 10x worse with the jets passing over us every 15 minutes.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

I was in 8th grade. I remember they took us out of class and had the 8-6 grade classes all together in the large room that separated the classes. We were told that we have been attacked and that the TWC in NYC had been destroyed. They did not tell us anything other than that and as we waited for our parents to come and get us all I could think of was who in their right mind would attack us and when and how we were going to strike back. I remember on the drive home wondering if we were being invaded and was looking out the window for bombers. When I got home I found out that the attacks were done using commercial air plains. Being young I still figured that only nations make war and so I wondered who could be behind it. Were they using this as a cover for an actual military offensive. I was watching the news for only a few min when the Pentagon was hit. I recorded the entire thing on my computer (records lost due to HDD failure) as I saw the damage at the Pentagon and later the news about the final downed plain. My dad was away at the time and I also worried about if he was in NY but luckily it was not long before I got word he was ok. I watched the rescue efforts and then most of the day I waited. I remember that every second I waited to hear of news of another attack or what our military was doing, it never came and that night I went to sleep wondering what would happen.

(Also today my indox went to 911 unread, message 911 is an e-mail with images from 911)

9. Default

all you guys got to go home? i had to stay in school, gay...

10. Default

Early in the morning sitting in Grade 9 Math. The math teacher had the radio on and I overheard some of what was reported. I didn't realize at that moment the extend of the disaster. We moved to Science class, but then my mother got me and my siblings out of school and we went home (to our old house), where we turned on the TV in the basement to watch the news. That's when the full impact of the events became clear.

We Will Never Forget. God Bless.