Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Story behind my Voice

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    i've never watched the godfather.

DONT' JUDGE ME!!!
    oh wow... i'm judging HARDCORE. watch that shit son. in fact... i'ma watch it after my shower.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

2. Default

i can't watch it, i really hate guns, violence and organized crime. lol

3. Default

As you can tell I wasn't in the best of moods in the first pic. The second was taken a few months later
    Attached Images

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    This is for all the people who have asked, "Whats with your voice". Or as TheLittlestHobo would say "The Godfather voice."

What i have is called vocal paresis. Here's a link if you want to know more about it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocal_cord_paresis

This is the not so short story that I have told on zombiemod

It all happened when I was 5 living in Southern California. Me and friend were playing some sort of game, pretending to be ninjas or something. He had a broomstick and I had a pair of soft padded nun-chucks. As we were playing, he was swinging his stick around and accidently hit me in the temple (softest part of the brain) this caused internal breeding. At the time my parents didn't think nothing of it, since all I has was a small little bump on my head. Later that night I fainted and became unconscious.I was rushed to the nearest hospital. That's when the real problems started. The hospital was not equipped to work on such a small child. They determined, with as much swelling in brain, that I had only an hour to live and would need to be air lifted to a neurological hospital. But before that, they stuck tubing down my airway to perform machine breathing. I guess in the rush of things they stuck too large of tubing down, and in the end result damaged one of my vocal folds. My airway now damaged began to collapse. I was quickly airlifted to the next hospital and the preformed the necessary surgery and removed two blood clots that were causing the internal bleeding. Then they proceeded to fix my airway with cartilage from my ribs and sowed it in my throat to keep it from collapsing. All in all I was in the hospital for 2 and half months. Half was for surgery and recovery and the other half was for rehab. And that why I have my voice.

I was only at five at the time, so most of this was told to me by my parents

Im really sorry mag about what happened to you,, at such a young age too, Thanks for telling us though, But Your still cool no matter what