Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Story behind my Voice

1. Default The Story behind my Voice

This is for all the people who have asked, "Whats with your voice". Or as TheLittlestHobo would say "The Godfather voice."

What i have is called vocal paresis. Here's a link if you want to know more about it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocal_cord_paresis

This is the not so short story that I have told on zombiemod

It all happened when I was 5 living in Southern California. Me and friend were playing some sort of game, pretending to be ninjas or something. He had a broomstick and I had a pair of soft padded nun-chucks. As we were playing, he was swinging his stick around and accidently hit me in the temple (softest part of the brain) this caused internal breeding. At the time my parents didn't think nothing of it, since all I has was a small little bump on my head. Later that night I fainted and became unconscious.I was rushed to the nearest hospital. That's when the real problems started. The hospital was not equipped to work on such a small child. They determined, with as much swelling in brain, that I had only an hour to live and would need to be air lifted to a neurological hospital. But before that, they stuck tubing down my airway to perform machine breathing. I guess in the rush of things they stuck too large of tubing down, and in the end result damaged one of my vocal folds. My airway now damaged began to collapse. I was quickly airlifted to the next hospital and the preformed the necessary surgery and removed two blood clots that were causing the internal bleeding. Then they proceeded to fix my airway with cartilage from my ribs and sowed it in my throat to keep it from collapsing. All in all I was in the hospital for 2 and half months. Half was for surgery and recovery and the other half was for rehab. And that why I have my voice.

I was only at five at the time, so most of this was told to me by my parents

2. Default

i've never heard your voice before, but now I want to.

btw, you should sue your parants and the hospital for prematurely ending your career with the mickey mouse club which would have springboarded you into a sucessful boyband and segwaying to become a multimillion dollar brandname before you had a chance to tryout for disney.

3. Default

i've heard it. i want to watch the godfather afterwards.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

i've never watched the godfather.

DONT' JUDGE ME!!!

5. Default

Thanks for sharing, Mag. I have a friend that has the same condition but got it from her vocal cords crushed by landing her throat on the edge of a trampoline (the smaller kind gymnasts use). She's freakin' gorgeous, but every halloween she dresses up as something hideous to freak kids out with this weird scream she can make because of the damage. It raises the hairs on my neck every year.

You got one of these? We could use it against the toddlers on the server during the day.

6. Default

fuck me, sorry to hear about that.

7. Default

Well, we're glad your still with us Mag.

And your voice is pretty cool, so.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Mag. I have a friend that has the same condition but got it from her vocal cords crushed by landing her throat on the edge of a trampoline (the smaller kind gymnasts use). She's freakin' gorgeous, but every halloween she dresses up as something hideous to freak kids out with this weird scream she can make because of the damage. It raises the hairs on my neck every year.

You got one of these? We could use it against the toddlers on the server during the day.
    i can change my voice to a scary laugh and the ironic thing is my b-day is on halloween.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    i can change my voice to a scary laugh and the ironic thing is my b-day is on halloween.
    LMAO!!

I've never laughed so hard from a forum post in my life. Love the irony.

If Pam wasn't married, I'd hook you two up!

10. Default

Its fucking badass dont worry about it.

*Hums the godfather song*