Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My CSS broke somehow

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    you mean a usb chip with the system restore on it or do you mean Deep Freeze?
    I think she means one of these guys:

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    If you are bit using latest driver then update. If you are then you should switch to an old driver and use that until a fix is released.

What is funny is that this is not really the video cards fault but the game for having unstable or corrupted files. The issue with the video card is just that it is forcing the user out before they play the game rather than crash the entire computer later on.
    Yea Ive actually gone back and am currently using an older driver. So far it now lets me play 3-4 hours before kicking me out of game instead of an hour of play. Funny thing is there are 4 newer updates that dont work... which tells me there is no promise the next update will fix any of my problems.

I have about 33 of these in my problems and solutions folder

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: hl2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4445c334
    Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18294
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a61f288
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000b53a3
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7757
    Additional Information 2: 15c971775cc05b86df0072f18ce935b7
    Additional Information 3: 0287
    Additional Information 4: 67e7a8ecf530719a782ac73d815f776e

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I think she means one of these guys:
    omg... i just fell off my seat and rolled on the floor

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    omg... i just fell off my seat and rolled on the floor
    Thanks for that, I chuckled a little myself when I read her post.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Ok so whenever i try joining a server in css it fucks up. I can enter the game, it just wont let me join a server. It gives me a Engine Error message saying "Internal Driver Error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" Then when i hit ok it gives me a message saying hl2.exe has to close. When i hit close it says hl2.exe-application error with a message saying "The instruction at "0x0e917e13" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Then i hit ok and it closes out of the game.

Idk what to do to fix this, i dont want to totally reinstall steam cuz i would have to take all my skins off and stuff and i dont want to do all that over again. Please help if you got any ideas.
    Do you play insurgency? If not, I had a problem where Insurgency made me get that error, frequently. Try not playing a certain game, while continuing CSS, and narrow down which game might be causing it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vladninja View Post
    I have about 33 of these in my problems and solutions folder

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: hl2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4445c334
    Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18294
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a61f288
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000b53a3
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7757
    Additional Information 2: 15c971775cc05b86df0072f18ce935b7
    Additional Information 3: 0287
    Additional Information 4: 67e7a8ecf530719a782ac73d815f776e
    That says CS:S crashed from a problem in Internet Explorer (mshtml.dll), which Valve uses for the MOTD in game and web browser in the game overlay. The DLL is a few versions old, too.

Try going to Windows Update and grabbing all the IE updates. Might stop the crashing.

I also noticed a few years back that CS:S hates it when IE has a huge internet cache. I had mine set to 3 GBs (my way of saving a copy of every website I visited). When I toned it back below a gigabyte, the crashing went away for me. So, also take a peak at your IE cache settings.

Anyone heard from MBP? Is he okay?

7. Default

I get that hl2.exe error all the time. Usually when I minimize to check msn when the map is changing. Gets annoying after awhile, and I never was able to find a fix for it.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I get that hl2.exe error all the time. Usually when I minimize to check msn when the map is changing. Gets annoying after awhile, and I never was able to find a fix for it.
    The fix would probably not to be on msn, or any chatting device, CSS is sensitive and a lot of things interfere with it, and it ends up getting a critical error.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    The fix would probably not to be on msn, or any chatting device, CSS is sensitive and a lot of things interfere with it, and it ends up getting a critical error.
    Or when you tab back in and every texture is purple and black boxes.

I hate that.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by imgonnagetcha View Post
    you might want to get that little black chip that stores all your info from your computer (i think it's for laptops only, not sure) and whatever in it, so next time if you have a problem like this you wont have to worry

p.s. I don't remember what the chip was called, all i know is that my ex was a nerd like you guys (lol) when it came to computers !!!!! I cannot belive i'm still up wow, im about to pass out goodnights
    found it!!!!
    514thDisk.jpg