Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This is madness

1. Default

So far into the video, I have to say it's pretty accurate and on point.

Sorry if all of you disagree, but corporations run America, profits are key above all (including human life), and yes we are living in quite a toxic world.

My Police Foundations department head told us one day when we were getting ready to do the practice exam, that in WWI days, it took the human body an average 30 days to decompose; now-a-days it takes 4 months. That's what synthetic products and toxins do.

I don't like the state of the world at this current time, but realizing that we are are in this state is important if we ever want to improve in the future.

2. Default

yes equilibrium is a bad ass movie

3. Default

There's nothing wrong with white-collar crimes. ^_^

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Loka and thats exactly why if everyone was Atheist, the world would be a better place.

I will agree with one point in the video though. Our government loves to kiss the ass of big corporations. The government just banned my favorite kind of cigarettes. Not because they are worse then other cigarettes, but because Phillip Morris could have a more hold over the cigarette distribution and sales in America.
    You shouldn't be smoking, period. So serves you right.

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    So far into the video, I have to say it's pretty accurate and on point.

Sorry if all of you disagree, but corporations run America, profits are key above all (including human life), and yes we are living in quite a toxic world.

My Police Foundations department head told us one day when we were getting ready to do the practice exam, that in WWI days, it took the human body an average 30 days to decompose; now-a-days it takes 4 months. That's what synthetic products and toxins do.

I don't like the state of the world at this current time, but realizing that we are are in this state is important if we ever want to improve in the future.
    The problem is that even with all these toxins the state of human life is improving and so is life expectancy.

Saying "toxic" over and over doesn't prove jack squat. And your decomposition argument is meaningless considering where the human body goes when it dies.
    Last edited by Christmas; 09-24-2009 at 08:20 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    You shouldn't be smoking, period. So serves you right.
    Everyone has their vice.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Everyone has their vice.
    Most vices don't have the risk of cancer associated with them. And most vices aren't that expensive.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Most vices don't have the risk of cancer associated with them. And most vices aren't that expensive.
    All vices have their risks. And they can all turn out to be detrimental to your physical, mental and emotional health. That is why they're called vices.

My favorite vice is t-baggin' drunken women. Am I going to stop doing what I enjoy, because of the "risk" that one day one of those women will wake up, mid t-bag, and take a chunk out of my sack? NO!

"To each his own."

EDIT: My apologies from derailing this epic thread, slightly. Please continue with the assumptions on the future of our failing world.

8. Default

I actually thought it was a well made video with good points and facts. I don't know how I feel about the video being shown to children, because it kinda seems to me like it's brainwashing them to think a certain way (only because it's extremely bias), but it doesn't mean that the video is absolute shit.

9. Default

in response to what people were saying about religion. i thought these were interesting, especially coming from thomas jefferson:

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."

"My opinion is that there would never have been an infidel, if there had never been a priest. The artificial structures they have built on the purest of all moral systems, for the purpose of deriving from it pence and power, revolts those who think for themselves, and who read in that system only what is really there."

-Thomas Jefferson

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

10. Default

Decomposition has nothing to do with toxins unless you dipped yourself in chemicals and preserves before dying (like the Egyptians did that helped mummify Pharaoh's and Queens). The way you died gives off how exactly your body decomps and embalming does NOT count in the way your body decomps because embalming is used to retard decomposition so idiots like us can view our loved ones in a casket with out getting queasy. In essence embalming fluid retards the process of decomp from leeching on to the body so quickly.

Full body decomposition WITHOUT any embalming fluid can take as much as 10 years. The breakdown of the tissues and enzymes alone can take as much as 5 years alone and that is just the first step of decomp.

The most disgusting step in decomp is black putrefaction. That's when the body just implodes and it's all there for you to see in front of you. It's disgusting.

Other ways to speed or slow down decomp would be temperature, COD, size and weight and other factors.

But a forensic pathology class will teach you all that. Or you can visit a body farm. I'd stick to the forensic class.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me