Thread: ZM Server Crashing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default ZM Server Crashing

The ZM server has crashed numerous times today. Echo attested that it was crashing all morning, and it's crashed twice since I've come on.

Please fix the leaky gaskets!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    The ZM server has crashed numerous times today. Echo attested that it was crashing all morning, and it's crashed twice since I've come on.

Please fix the leaky gaskets!
    It was continuously crashing last night as well.

3. Default

They are all engine crashes. Possibly the result of a bad map. The only other possibility is valve being the cause....

4. Default

I don't think it's the maps. The few times in the last week that I was there for a crash, we were going to normal maps like Jurassic park or Roy the ship.

And the one night it was repeatedly crashing on the default map. It stopped after about 15 minutes and went on without problems for the rest of my time on.

5. Default

I blame Valve.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I blame Valve.
    Fuckin' Aye.

7. Default

I've been on for about 30 minutes so far, and the server has already crashed twice.

I don't think it has anything to do with what maps we were playing.. So I'm really not sure what could be causing it.

30 minutes later, EXTREME non-stop lag..
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 10-07-2009 at 01:33 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

One item to bring up was that one night we had issues on Boat Escape. Res warned everyone of problems earlier in the day and there was incredibly lag as we were playing. We got off the map quickly, but a few hours later we were on Lost World and I noticed the lag began only as someone took control of the bus. Since this particular issue seems to have been happening only on maps with vehicles, I'm guessing it's something to do with scripting.

Maybe that's why there's so much latency and crashing? All of the mods applied using scripts could be getting hung up by something. Each time Zero removes a mod using scripts, it gets a tad better but still happens.