Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official ZM map settings thread

1. Arrow Official ZM map settings thread

NOTICE: PLEASE POST IN THE MAPS SECTION WITH A THREAD STARTING [CONFIGURE]
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

All configuration changes are now handled in that section.

Below is a list of things you can request to be configured:

• parachutes: on or off
    • noblock: on or off
    • Respawn: on or off
    • Zombies: maximum number of random zombies that can be spawned at the start of a game (2 default)
    • knockback: can be reduced as a % of original
    • speed cap: this can slow the fast zombies down but only 1/2 works
    • reduce speed: this slows down all the zombies it is done by a % of original speed, currently this is done on all escape maps along with the above option
    • health: zombies health can be changed as a % of original, effects all zombies
    • teleport: first zombie is telephoned
    • physics: this is altered on every ze map that I install to allow moving objects to work. If moving objects are not working or if physics are messed up request this to be changed.
    • Zombie Spawn time: Do zombies need to start later or sooner?

*************DO NOT READ BELOW OLD DATA*************

Please list maps that you would like to have the settings changed on. For example enable or disable parachutes noblock ect.

Please use the following format:

Map Name: zm_example
    Enable: noblock
    Disable: nothing
    Change: Reduce zombie speed, reduce health
    Reason: Humans keep getting blocked at point x and the zombies always win. If no block were enabled the humans could get up the ladders at the start of the map. If the zombies where slower and weaker they humans could have a better chance to escape.

By using this simple format it will help me know what maps need settings changed and what the problems are. Below is a list of things I can change and some explanations:

• parachutes: on or off
    • noblock: on or off
    • Respawn: on or off
    • Zombies: maximum number of random zombies that can be spawned at the start of a game (2 default)
    • knockback: can be reduced as a % of original
    • speed cap: this can slow the fast zombies down but only 1/2 works
    • reduce speed: this slows down all the zombies it is done by a % of original speed, currently this is done on all escape maps along with the above option
    • health: zombies health can be changed as a % of original, effects all zombies
    • teleport: first zombie is telephoned
    • physics: this is altered on every ze map that I install to allow moving objects to work. If moving objects are not working or if physics are messed up request this to be changed.
    Last edited by ZERO; 12-15-2010 at 02:51 PM.

2. Default

Map Name: ze_rooftop_runaway (all versions)
    • parachutes: off

REASON: People and zombies can parachute to the end from the first building at spawn, bypassing all obstacles.

Map Name: ze_winter zm_marioescape
    • noblock: yes

REASON: We all get stuck in the first tube portal also too many people only 2 small entrances.

Map Name: ze_deathstar_escape, zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix (and zz), ze_trainescape_b3,ze_jurassicpark_v2
    • noblock: yes (deathstar and jurassicpark only)
    • speed cap: Fast zombies
    • health: Fast zombies 50% health

REASON: Even though we try to enforce "No Fast Zombies" on that map people still choose it and sometimes we don't catch them and screw all the humans in the map over. Making them slower and giving them lower health will give humans more of a change for survival.

Map Name: zm_atix_helicopter
    • teleport: Spawn

REASON: Zombie spawns in the middle of 20 people waiting at the spot for the helicopter and everyone dies. Its labeled as a zm but its a ze.

Map Name: ze_icecave_escape_v2c
    • parachutes: off
    • noblock: on
    • speed cap: Fast zombies 50%
    • teleport: Make spawn time for zombie longer

REASON: Zombies spawn to quick and we barely make it to the second obstacle before the zombies tags us all. Also at the end, zombies can parachute and bypass the last obstacle that they need to go through in order to get to the humans.

Map Name: ze_elevator_escape
    • noblock: on
    • speed cap: Fast Zombies

REASON: Can actually beat humans to the end. People can glitch others out of the elevator by standing on their heads. Noblock would eliminate the "Admin so and so is on my head!"
    Last edited by anex; 09-27-2009 at 07:40 AM.

3. Default

Note that the health reduction is for all zombies.

4. Default

Scheisse, I guess just speed caps then.
    Last edited by anex; 09-27-2009 at 12:08 PM.

5. Default

*Cracks fingers.* Let's see..

zm_ATIX_helicopter

zombie spawn teleport
    disable ztele

reasons: Zombies will spawn in the middle of dozens of people, dooming them all. People enjoy building cades on this map, many wish that it was just solely a cade map, but zombies can teleport into almost any room.

zm_roy_the_ship

parachute: off

reason: Takes literally no time for a zombie to parachute into windows, where as before they would fall off most of the time. This makes it nearly impossible for humans to survive in what was one of the best barricade maps.

zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix

noblock: on

reason: The same old usual reason.. It causes people to die because of blocking.

ze_jurassicpark_v2

speed cap: fast zombies

reason: fast zombies can completely pass you and get to the end way before humans.

ze_icecave_escape_fixed (This map should be removed to be honest)

speed cap: fast zombies

reason: nearly impossible to win on thanks to fast zombies and blocking.

ze_hospital_escape_b1a (This map should also be removed... not zm_hospitalv4 though)

teleport: spawn

reason: Most people crowd together and end up all dying because of a zombie spawning in the middle of them, but really this map should just be removed.

zm_zdf_marioescape 14,777

teleport: spawn

reason: Everyone gets stuck on the first part from teleporting into each other, and the guy in very front could just turn into the zombie.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

The changes above have been evaluated and corrections made.

The thread has been updated with new settings options.
    Respawn
    Zombies
    Knockback

These values can be changed as needed on a map by map basis. I think there are quite a few that would benefit from respawn. Note that I recommend this only to be used on maps with few hiding spots and where zombie health will be greatly reduced.

7. Default

Map Name: zm_loki_horrorhood_v3
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/15944
    Zombies: 1
    additonal: updated version of zm vc2 horrortown, so the old one will need to be removed

Map Name: zm_echo_italy_reloaded
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/47438

Map Name: zm_fubar_towers_v4
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/24586

zero pm me when this one is added, its by far my favorite of the bunch

Map Name: zm_little_town
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/50825

Map Name: Atix_Helicopter_Urban_Edition
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/111015
    teleport: first zombie is teleported back to spawn
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 10-19-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

8. Default

two new ones to add

Map Name: zm_lighthouse_v1a
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/30946

Map Name: zm_cabin_v3
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/25059

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

9. Default

Map Name: zm tower of resistance v4
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/49307
    Enable: nothing
    Change: nothing

10. Wink ze_underground_escape_v5

JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS URGENT

Map: ze_underground_escape_v5, and any other versions like this on the server
    Enable: noblock. Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. I have never seen such a map where noblock has been needed so desperately. This is the difference between this being a hated map or a great map. Parachutes are fine as they are.
    Disable: nothing.
    Change: either reduce zombie speed by 10% (this is completely and utterly aimed at Fast Zombie), or, as I prefer and I think many others will agree with, change teleport-in time to 1:00-1:30. Its simply too soon as it is now in the map, it must be longer.

PLEASE.